ᴏᴠᴇʀᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"My family needs me."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

-ˋˏ ˎˊ

The pair began screaming their siblings names around the village, worried sick. Constantly asking the people around if they had seen them.

Malìk came across a boy, "Have you seen Ao'nung and Tsireya?" Malìk asked him.

The couple had figured wherever Tsireya and Ao'nung went, that's where Dahliä's siblings were too. So finding out where two of them were, would lead to all of them. They're like a pack of wolves they don't just come in one.

The boy nodded at his question and pointed straight ahead, "They went beyond the reef." Dahliä's eyes widened, "They what."

"I saw them go beyond the reef." Malìk and Dahliä share a look, "How long alone did you see that?"

"Not too long, maybe a couple of minutes." As Malìk began to try and talk to the boy, in hopes of getting more information, Dahliä began running towards her pod. He tried to end the conversation with the boy, thanking him, and called after her. "Where are you going?!"

"To go get them! They're all skxwangs!" He followed her inside the pod, Dahliä taking her bow and arrows. "I told you that you were going to stay here! Where it's safe!"

She couldn't help but hiss at his response.

Did Malìk does expect her to sit and wait for her siblings to return? No. She wasn't going to do that. "Im not a bystander! I don't like being told what to do! It's either you come with me or not!"

Malìk grabbed her hand, already breathing out of desperation and kissed it gently. "I need you here."

"My family needs me," He began to frown, and the girl gave her mate a kiss. "I'm sorry, but I will always protect them."

She looked longingly into his eyes, "I have to." There was a sense of desperation in her eyes, he couldn't ignore it.

Malìk grunted at her words, she was a protector and it was one of the many things that he loved about her. He can't stop her from being something that she isn't, he has no right to do that even if he really wants her to stay back and be safe.

Nobody can stop Dahliä when she wants something.

"You fly," She nodded at him. "Fly as low to the water as you can, I will grab my spear!" She gave a reassuring look and called for Äppa, chanting and getting on top of him as Malìk ran to get his spear before jumping on his ilu and following them.