The knock

[night of January 3rd]

I am a 28 year old mother with a 2 year old daughter. Her dad and I are still friends, we separated on good terms. I still love him very dearly but it just didn't work out I guess. I work early in the morning and my brother watches my daughter, Alena while I work 2:00am-10:00am. They gave me a spare key so I just go in and put her in the spare crib I gave them. She loves her uncle and her auntie. She live with my 90% of the time, my husband thought that was best.

 She live with my 90% of the time, my husband thought that was best

*this is Alena*

My name is Hannah Garboden. I changed my name back to my maiden name after the separation. Don't get me wrong, I loved my married name, it just felt... wrong to keep using it. So I changed it back. Anyways, I work as a baker at a Safeway and I enjoy it there. I have great friends and some shitty coworkers. You know the usual.

Now I'm not the prettiest woman in the world but I'm also not ugly. At most I'm an 8/10 on a good day. Bad days, I'm a 2/10. Red hair, blue eyes, 5'0½" so too short, and quite curvy. I've been told that I look like Aphrodite, which, don't do that. That's dangerous 😂

 That's dangerous 😂

*that's me*

One day, I was minding my own business, watching TV with Alena. My dog Charlie (not my actual dog but he is for now) started barking at the door. Curious, he doesn't usua-
*Knock knock knock* Ah ok. I pick up Alena and I answer the door.
"Hello miss, my car has broken down and my phone is dead, can I use yours?" Robbie Kay is at my door.
"Oh umm yeah sure *hands him my phone* take your time Hun." He smiles at me and takes my phone.
"Thanks love." He walks away and calls, I assume, his manager. Alena reaches for him but I pull her back. He comes running back with my phone in his hand and gives it back to me.
"Thank you miss umm?"
"Oh my goodness, I'm sorry, I forgot my manners. I'm Hannah Garboden." I shake his hand.
"Robbie Kay. It's a pleasure." How I'm keeping my composure, is beyond me.
"And who is this little princess?" He was smiling at my daughter. She grabs his hand and he pretends to shake it.
"This is Alena."
Now something about my daughter is that she is autistic and doesn't warm up to people very fast. It shocked me when she reached out to him.
"Umm I guess she wants you to-" Without hesitation, he grabs Alena and places her on his hips. That made him 100% more attractive.
"Hello miss Alena. I'm Robbie."
"Dada *kisses Robbie*" my goodness, my daughter just kissed Robbie Kay. I'm so embarrassed...
"No no, baby, that's not Dada. I'm sorry. She must miss her father."
"It's perfectly fine. Where is her dad?" He smiled at me and looked into my small house.
"Umm we are no longer together, separated but still on good terms." He looks at Alena, still in his arms.
"I'm not Dada sweetheart but who catches your mom sure will be a lucky man!" He winks at me. If he keeps this up, he will be the one to catch me.

{Robbie's P.O.V}

So she is single. And this little girl is so adorable. Whoever snags this woman and her child, man I wish I was him. I adjusted Alena on my hip when Hannah's phone rings.
"Hello? Oh yes he is still here. It's for you Robbie." I take her phone.
"Hello?"
#yeah Robbie? It's gonna be a few hours to get to you, a huge accident happened. Ask the girl if you can hang there a bit.#
"Oh umm sure hold on. Hey Hannah? There was an accident and it's gonna take a bit for them to get here, do you mind if I stay here for a few hours?"
"Sure, I'll make us some lunch, come on in. I'm sorry for the mess. I hope nobody got hurt."
"She is letting me in. Message me when you get here."
#will do. Stay safe, we don't know if she is a crazy fan.#
"I'll be fine." I hung up the phone and put Alena on the ground.
"I'm gonna go grab my phone, I'll be right back."
"Sure thing, where is Alena?"
"In your living room."
"Ok, leave the door unlocked so you can come back in. Alena likes to go outside." I rush back to my broken down car and grab my phone.
"Alright, I have my phone, where can I charge it?" She popped her head out from what I assume is her kitchen.
"

Type C?" I nodded.
"Then there is a charger by the couch. Make yourself comfortable. Again sorry for the mess." Her house wasn't even that messy. A few toys here and there, other than that and a few sippy cups, it's fine.
"Don't you worry your pretty head off love. Your house is fine. Hello Alena." Alena comes up to me, crawls onto the couch, and plops down next to me. What a cute little girl. She looks at me and smiled brightly. She crawls onto my lap and I let her. She is the cutest thing, giving me baby fever.
"Dada." She said again.
"No I'm not but I wanna be." She lays her head on my chest while a Mickey Mouse show plays on the Telly. Hannah comes back in with three sandwiches.
"Sorry, we all get PB&J. I hope you like raspberry jam." She hands me a plates sets her down and grabs Alena, putting her in her high chair. She has Alena's in cute little triangles. Alena does a few squeaks/screeches and Hannah immediately apologizes.
"I'm sorry Robbie, my daughter is autistic so these are noises she makes. I'm not apologizing for her being autistic, it's mainly for the loud noises she will be making."
"Autism can be a lovely thing. I don't mind. I'm in her space love, she can make all the noise she wants." She relaxes.
"Would you like something to drink? I have water, milk, juice, and I'm pretty sure I have some tea in my cupboards."
"Tea would be lovely." She smiles.
"Tea it is, I'll be right back." I watch her leave to go back into the kitchen. I widened my eyes and looked away. How disrespectful.