SIX.

"DeVante, I have a task for you!" Haven announced.

"What is it?"

"You get to make a delivery today!" She stated with a calming smile.

DeVante's facial expression stayed neutral. Staying at the front, answering the phone and taking orders wasn't his favorite thing in the world but he preferred it. Not to mention he'd only been working there for about four days.

"I got it, Haven, thanks," the manager, Isaac, came over. "Hey DeVante, I hope you're having a great day. I need you to do me a favor. One of our delivery drivers is off today and the other one isn't here yet, so I was wondering if you'd be up for it."

"Uhhh...." DeVante trailed off.

"I'll pay you extra, by the way," Isaac threw in, which is all his employee needed to hear.

"Yeah, I'll do it."

"Great," Isaac nodded his head. "What was the order, Haven?"

Haven looked down at a piece of paper. "A platter of ten buffalo wings and a medium broccoli pizza."

"That's...that's different," Isaac criticized the pizza topping.

"The pizza is done, all we're waiting on is the wings," Haven told them. "They should be done any minute."

One of the fry cooks emerged out the back. "Order twenty-two is ready!"

Haven looked at DeVante, chuckling to herself. "It's done! The customer's address is on the ticket on the counter, I hope you know how to drive. Good luck!"

DeVante awaited on the porch, in no mood to be there longer than he expected to be—especially not while holding a box of nasty ass broccoli pizza. With his attention placed on the cars driving by in the street, he hadn't even realized that the customer had opened her front door until he heard a sneeze.

"Bless you," he turned his head to face her, automatically getting lost in a quick daze.

Her curly black hair flowed behind her back and a pair of eyeglasses were placed on her face, creating an intimidating sense just to have her attention. Not to mention, she was wearing a cropped tank top with somewhat revealing shorts she wore around the house.

"Thank you," she thanked him, passing him the twenty dollar bill.

"No problem," DeVante took the money and passed her the food, going into his pocket to give her change back before she stopped him.

"You can keep it."

"Thanks, enjoy the rest of your day."

"You too!" The girl shut the door, hurriedly going upstairs to her room and placing her food down. Grabbing her phone, she wasted no time on FaceTiming her friend's phone number.

"Now Angelinaaaa," Javoria popped up on the screen. "Not you calling me without making a FaceTime appointment."

"Girl, fuck that!" The female known as Angelina said loudly. "Tell me whyyy....I just ordered some food and the nigga who delivered it looked. Just. Like. DeVante."