ELEVEN.

"Hi, thank you for choosing Popeyes, what can I get for you today?" Javoria spoke into the intercom.

"Yeah uh....lemme get the three piece combo, a leg, a breast, and a thigh with a side of red beans and rice. I also want a chicken sandwich with a side of fries, my drink is a fruit punch—two fruit punches actually, imma be thirsty."

"Three piece combo which is a leg, a breast, and a thigh, red beans and rice, chicken sandwich, side of fries, and two fruit punches," Javoria repeated, calculating the total. "Thirty eighty-five."

"Thanks. And unblock me," the person from the other side of the speaker said.

Javoria's face etched in confusion and she shifted her posture. "Unblock you—K-CI?!" She said a little too loudly, catching the attention of two of her coworkers.

"Yeah. Unblock me," K-Ci repeated.

"K-Ci," Javoria got closer to the intercom. "What the fuck is wrong with you? You came all the way to my job to tell me to unblock you?!"

K-Ci leaned back in the driver's seat of the UPS truck, holding up the line. "Well no, I was just stoppin' here to get me a meal. I ain't even know this was the Popeyes you worked at till I recognized your voice."

"Just drive yo' ass up to the window!" Javoria directed.

She told one of her coworkers to take her spot and she walked up to the window, awaiting for K-Ci to pull up.

"Wassup Vori," he greeted completely casually, passing her a fifty dollar bill which she snatched. "You gon' unblock me? And make sure you give me my change back, if you don't imma report yo' ass to corporate."

"Shut up," she gritted and tried her best not to crack a smile while passing him his two drinks.

K-Ci practically leaned his whole body out the window of the vehicle he was in. "You said what? Did you just tell a customer to shut up?"

"K-Ci, shut the fuck up," Javoria said again, this time letting the smile take over. She looked behind her to make sure nobody was watching before she playfully threw his change at him.

"Girl—don't make me get out this bitch and fuck you up," he threatened.

Javoria smirked, intrigued by the statement. "Fuck me up how?"

Before K-Ci could respond, a fellow Popeyes employee passed Javoria a hefty bag. "This has the red beans and rice, chicken sandwich, everything else."

Javoria gave him his food. "Take your shit and go."

K-Ci looked in the bag to make sure everything was in there. "You think I can get another biscuit?"

"Nigga take your ass on and continue droppin' off packages! You holdin' up the line!" Javoria tried to stay serious but a slight laugh slipped out.

K-Ci just decided to drive off cause he didn't have time to hear the mouths of angry people. He pulled out of the drive through, feeling a buzz in his pocket two minutes afterwards. While trying to balance the Popeyes bag on his lap and drive with one hand at the same time, he quickly pulled his phone out to see that Javoria unblocked him.