EIGHTEEN.

"You think you could cover for me?" Dalvin asked Carena once he clocked out for the moment. "I'm about to go on break."

She nodded with a smile. "Yes, I got it."

"I'm about to head to Five Below real quick, you want something?"

"Uhhhh..." she thought for a second. "Some sour patches—the watermelon ones only!"

"I got you."

He left out his place of work, walking a few stores down before he reached his location. It just so happens that the present day version of himself was in the same facility.

The older man lifted up his phone, making sure the sun was hitting him perfectly as he made his video for instagram. He continued to get the right angle before he finally spoke.

"Out here in NYC. It's beautiful out here," the sound of cars driving down the street could be heard. "Make sure you go out and get some fresh air if you haven't. Enjoy the rest of your day!"

Present-day Dalvin ended his video and looked down, seeing if any edits needed to be made. He walked by Five Below and it just so happens that the past version of himself was coming out. Since the older man wasn't paying attention, it caused him to bump into the similar individual.

His dusty phone dropped and he bent down to pick it up.

"Sorry," the young one briefly apologized.

"It's cool, I wasn't payin' attention—" the older man retrieved his device and was at a loss for words.

The two of them stood there for a moment, completely caught off guard. They were standing directly in the middle of the sidewalk, so other pedestrians had to walk around them to get to wherever they were going to.

"What, you stalkin' me now?" Present-day Dalvin eventually said.

Younger Dalvin looked at him in confusion. "Huh? No, you must be confused—"

"No, you the one who's confused!" The elder raised his voice slightly. "I know exactly who you are. You the one who's been going around pretendin' to be me for some attention! You ain't Mr Dalvin, you Sir Dalvin!"

"No, that's not true at all! I am you!"

"Little boy, what? You must be crazy."

"No really, OG, listen! I know it sounds wild but it's true! We time traveled! K-Ci, JoJo, and DeVante are here too! There's this author who made this all happen! Look, I can show you!" Younger Dalvin pulled out his phone, hurriedly trying to prove his case.

Present-day Dalvin shook his head, walking past him. "Man, you crazy. That's why I reported your Instagram page, I hope it got deleted. Now leave me alone, I'm goin' to Chick-fil-A and I don't need you bothering me as I eat my food."

"Chick-fil-A? That's where I work!"

"Oh, then imma go somewhere else."

The older man started walking away quickly but this only made the younger man follow him.

"Stop followin' me! I'd hate to have to call the cops on yo' ass!"