TWENTY-ONE.

Nelson sat in the corner of Angelina's room on the floor. He silently stared at the ground, collecting his thoughts.

"....are you okay?" She questioned, feeling a mix of confusion and concern for the male.

"Of course!" He gave a sarcastic smile, finally lifting up his head to face her. "I'm fine. You got me in this room of yours, where you had that other nigga in your bed, where you sucked his dick! You shouldn't have even told me that! Did you swallow?"

She refused to look his way, scratching her head in silence.

"Woooowwwww. You swallowed!"

"I did," Angelina admitted. "Why does it matter when you fuck fifty-leven girls on a daily basis?"

Nelson smacked his teeth. "It's not fifty eleven girls, and why are you tryna turn this on me? This is about you. I thought you were in love with me."

Angelina sighed as he continued to talk.

"I don't get you. One minute, you're so in love with me and the next, you're all up in another nigga's face doing things to him that you should only be doing with me. I was just tellin' this one nigga about you the other day when I was gettin' some food!"

"You don't get me?" She pointed to herself. "I don't get you! You be actin' like you so hard, like you don't give a fuck about what I do with whoever, and now you wanna bitch and complain cause I got a new nigga. You ain't give a fuck when you'd be out cheating and I'd be up in here, crying over your dumb ass!"

Nelson shook his head and chuckled, rising to his feet. "Imma beat his ass when I see him. Believe that."

"Have fun doing that when you don't even know what he looks like, let alone his name," Angelina laughed.

It seemed as if the two talked DeVante up cause her phone started buzzing with a call, which made the ex-couple have a staring contest.

Nelson went to reach for the buzzing device but Angelina mushed him backwards and turned her phone completely off before he had the authority to.

"Save his ass while you can, Angelina. You ain't gon' be able to do it forever."

"I like your confidence. You can leave now, by the way."

Nelson didn't argue with her and saw himself out the house, making a mental note to discover who his ex-girlfriend's new man was so he could lay hands on him for whatever reason.

"Cedric, let me see you for a minute," Phil Goodman, the head of UPS commanded, going into his office.

K-Ci looked toward one of his coworkers in confusion, as if to ask what the reasoning could be. They didn't know and gave him a shrug, so K-Ci followed after Phil to see for himself.

"Yes, Mr Goodman? Is there something I can do for you?"

"No, not at all," the older man shook his head. "Shut the door."

K-Ci hesitated but closed the door behind him nevertheless.

"So how are you liking working for UPS?"

"I like it more than I expected I would. It's simple and the pay rate is satisfying."

Phil cleared his throat and nodded his head. "I'm glad you feel that way. It's a shame you're gonna lose that feeling when you walk outta here from being fired."

K-Ci choked on air, caught completely off guard. "Huh—?????"

Phil pulled out a thick stack of stapled papers, flipping through them.

"On these papers, I have nothing but complaints about you. Delivering broken packages, driving recklessly on the road and almost getting in accidents, harassing folks on their doorstep, and taking the truck to make personal stops while you're on duty. What do you have to say for yourself?"

".........."

Phil chuckled, shaking his head. "Figures. I can't have that type of nonsense going on at my establishment so I'm gonna have to let you go. Do yourself a favor and get out my office. Take care."

A defeated K-Ci cleaned out his locker and said goodbye to his fellow coworkers for the last time before stepping outside, FaceTiming Javoria.

"Baby!" He called out to her once she answered. "I'm not havin' a good day! Let me tell you what happened—"

"Before you tell me anything, who are you calling 'baby'? I accept one apology from you and you get a lil too happy."

"Javoria, please shut up. You know you belong to me. You tryna act like you don't like that shit. Be glad I'm callin' you 'baby' and not 'Bald Ass'."

Javoria's mouth dropped slightly but he had a point, so she didn't say anything about it. ".....continue."

"I got fired from my UPS job cause of how I'd be dropping packages, taking the truck to come see you at work, and other shit. So here we are," he briefly explained.

"Damnnnn!" She cackled, covering her mouth. "I'm sorry to hear that."

"How you sorry to hear 'bout it but you just laughed?" K-Ci scrunched his face up. "Let's not do this right now."

"Well what am I supposed to do or say?"

"I don't know—not that! Is your job hiring?"

Javoria made a face, eyeing the male on the other end of her phone screen suspiciously. "Are you trying to mix business with pleasure?"

"No, I'm lookin' for a new job. I ain't tryna be a broke nigga out here."

"I don't know if you'd like it at my job. I barely like it there myself."

"How much y'all get paid?" He asked.

"Ten dollars an hour."

"Ten dollars an hour?!" K-Ci repeated, unimpressed. "Shit, I was gettin' paid a good twenty dollars an hour driving around dropping packages off!"

"I'm tryna help you out!" Javoria raised her voice. "Do you want me to see if I can get you a job interview or what?"

"Yeah, might as well."

"Okay then!"

"Thank you. What you doin'?" K-Ci inquired.

"Nothing, sitting here bored as hell," Javoria replied. "Why?"

"Call me an Uber down there. I'm tryna see you."

"Boy! My momma is home!"

"So? Sneak me in through the back."

Javoria rolled her eyes, giving in. "Send me your location."

I ain't proofread this shit so here y'all go.