FIFTEEN.

"Hey Ms. Faith, how you doin'?" Dalvin asked one of his employees once he clocked in to work.

Ms Faith was the eldest of all the Chick-Fil-A employees and acted as a motherly figure to all—even the customers.

She turned around and gave a comforting smile, pulling him into a hug. "Hey baby boy! And I'm doing good, you know—just hanging in there, I can't wait to get out of here and go home. That Quill sure does know how to work someone's nerves. How about you? How's your day been?"

"I'm doing good," Dalvin responded. "And I hope you feel better. Don't let Quill get to you either, he ain't nobody. You're doing a wonderful job around here so just keep doin' what you're doin'."

"This is why you one of my favorites around here, you so sweet," Ms Faith grabbed the dust pan and broom. "You know you my work son, right?" She laughed heartily.

"Dalvin, come to the back real quick! Carena, you too!" Quill's voice said loudly. "I need to talk to y'all!"

Dalvin and Carena shared a look while their coworkers did the same, glancing at the two.

"I don't know what he wants, but good luck," Ms Faith patted his back and went elsewhere.

The two summoned coworkers made their way to the back, standing there in silence as they awaited for Quill to speak. He never did, finding the things on his phone to be more important.

"You wanted us?" Dalvin broke the silence.

"Yeah!" Quill finally acknowledged their presence, placing his phone on his lap. "Y'all can breathe, y'all ain't in trouble or nothing like that. I've been observing things around here and let me just start off by saying...I hope y'all are ready to start making extra money."

Carena smiled, eagerly nodding her head up and down. "Yes I am!"

"Good. I'm promoting y'all to team lead positions, so y'all will become supervisors and take care of everything and everybody when I ain't here. That means being able to open up and close for night shifts, count the drawers, stuff like that. Y'all think y'all can handle that?"

"Most definitely," Dalvin licked his lips. "Not that I'm complaining about your choice for making me team lead, cause I'm definitely thankful, but why was I your choice?"

"And me too?" Carena wondered.

Quill briefly glanced at his phone to check the time. "I don't know, I just trust y'all forreal. Dalvin, I know you kinda new and you only been here for a short time, but you've been doing great so far. Carena, you just have a joyful positive attitude. Y'all know how to keep customers coming back and I like that."

"Thank you," Carena smiled again. "I appreciate you, Quill!"

"How much will we be getting paid from now on?" Dalvin inquired. "If you don't mind me asking."

"What y'all get paid now, 'bout thirteen? Y'all finna get seventeen dollars an hour."

"There's just one problem," Carena spoke up. "I'm still in high school so I won't be able to open or close on most days cause of that."

"That ain't no problem! You can open and close on certain weekends." Quill notified. "Imma work on having y'all new schedules printed then give them to y'all whenever they're done."