seven

YOUR POV

"Babe? Who are you two?" I asked so confused as to who the two girls were that were hugging me.

A man in a white lab coat rushed in with a clip board and began speaking to the two girls, "I've been looking for you both everywhere."

The tall brunette crossed her arms and glared at the man, "What is wrong with her and why can't she remember us?"

He sighed and put the clipboard in the holder at the end of the bed to look at the girls, "We figured out that Y/N has some minor amnesia. Not the worst that we've seen so that's good. She'll be back to normal very soon if you work with her but there is a little bad news."

"Worst than amnesia?!" The tall one growled but the shorter girl put her hand on the her shoulder to calm her down.

"We have to do some brain scans. She has a little problem with her coordination. Actually a big problem. We tried to get her to reach for a bottle of water and she couldn't. It could be a temporary thing but frustrating nonetheless. Since you're her only emergency contacts we have to get your permission."

"Wait, wait. Hold up. They aren't my emergency contacts. Amnesia or not I don't know them right now. Where's my Mom?" I spoke up trying to get their attention. The way they were acting like I wasn't there, you'd still think I was in a coma.

The shortest girls' face turned pale and soft when I spoke up. She walked over and placed her hand on mine, "Sweetie, it's hard to say this but your mom passed."

"Passed? Passed what, a driving test?" I sarcastically spewed at the stranger.

"No, she was... sick." She responded. "And no one knew about it until she was gone."

"My Mom is dead?" I asked trying to keep my voice from shaking as hard.

My Mom is the last piece of family I have. No Dad, no aunts or uncles or even distant relatives. My Mom and I have lived on our own our whole lives. This isn't okay.

"Camila," The taller brunette spoke grabbing the smaller girl's arm. "We need to leave. They're taking her for the tests."

The girl she called Camila looked back and frowned and interlocked her fingers to walk out of the room.

--

I sat through so many shitty brain scans. God, what a joke. I don't even want to know how I got myself into this mess. I'm basically paralyzed from the waist up at the moment. What if it's permanent? I don't want to be a vegetable. But there's no way I can off myself. I need hands for that.

"Y/N," The tall girl walked in with a laptop clutched to her person while the shorter girl followed behind her. "We have a surprise for you to try and get you to remember something."

"I never caught your name. I know the smaller girl over there is Camilla. Right?" I spoke still unsure of how to say her name.

"Camila." The smaller one smiled, "You'll get used to it. I hope." You could tell she seemed a little disappointed and I'm still unsure why.

"It's Lauren." The girl told me in a husky tone.

Who are these girls and why do they give a fuck about me?

"Come in." Lauren ordered to the door.

I sat up the best that I could and watched as three more girls walked in. One was extremely short and possibly Latina. The next was about average height with dark skinned complexion but a body for days, and the last was a tall voluptuous woman with blonde dyed hair. All strangely familiar but not at all enough to strike my memory banks.