twenty-three

YOUR POV

When it got brighter the next day, I was able to see more of the cabin. This actually brought some memories back to me.

I got out of my car after carefully following Lauren out into the middle of nowhere. It almost reminded me of Slender.

God, I hope I don't die out here.

I parked the car behind some trees before getting out to see Lauren's car parked in front of a cabin. It was nice.

A two story, log cabin. It had a bit of wear and tear but all in all it was livable.

A few more cabins were placed between some trees but this one was probably the nicest even though it seemed like no one even resided in them.

I walked up to the house to push open the door and see Lauren on a couch with her face in her hands.

I knocked softly on the wood door, "Can I come in?"

Lauren's head shot up to look back at me, "Y/N, what are you doing here? H-how did you find me?"

I shrugged and walked inside, "You're not the only detective in this relationship, Jauregui." I crept around and looked up and down the walls to see little knick-knacks and doo-dads strung around along with pictures of the girls and I. Mostly Camila and me but there were a few Laurinah, Alren, and Laurmani pictures to go around. "So, this is where you go."

"You really don't need to be here." Lauren lightly spoke. I caught her so off guard that she really didn't know how to react.

I looked to see an iPod dock with my device plugged in, "So that's where this went. I thought I left it in New York."

She scratched the back of her head nervously and nodded, "Yeah. Your music helps me calm down sometimes."

I walked over to towards her and tried to grab her hips but she glared and stepped away from me, "You really need to go. I'm not cooled down at all."

I walked back towards her and hooked my fingers into her belt loops so she couldn't get away, "You need to fight this anger shit. You love Camila and I, right?" She nodded reluctantly, "We love you too. Okay? Just do us a favor and get help. I know you feel bad when you hurt us. That's why you run away afterwards."

Lauren cupped my cheek softly and grazed her hand over the bruise she gave me only an hour ago. Her eyes welled up with tears and her bottom lip quivered, "I've never meant to hurt you. Especially not like this. I'll do better. I promise."

I nodded and pressed my lips to hers for a slow and passionate kiss. "Let's go home, okay?"

This was the abandoned cabin that Lauren went to. Which means there were pictures of us everywhere in here.

I got up from the bed to step on the grimy floor below. Good thing I have shoes on. I tip toed softly into the next room to see my Dad was still no where to be seen.

Which in all honesty, scared me even more.

I padded across the floor to see the familiar spot that Lauren and I spent a moment at.

But what caught my attention were those pictures.

Most of them were now of me.

A picture of Lauren and I kissing. A picture of me grabbing Camila from behind and hoisting her up in the air while Lauren took a selfie. Then a really, really, old picture of Lauren, Camila and I sitting on the edge of a stage together while Camila strummed a guitar.

They looked so passionate and happy.

I looked so passionate and happy.

Even though I can't remember it, I had a life outside of what my brain can tell me.

I was head over heels for these girls. Even through pictures you could tell that I was happy.

A tear dropped out of my eye and I heard a floorboard creak behind me.

"You shouldn't be out of bed." His voice sounded groggy.

LAUREN'S POV

Multiple FBI vans and police cars followed behind us after the search team was rallied.

"Turn up here." I directed the driver and the SUV turned onto a dirt trail that's been washed over through the years. "There's like ten cabins on this street and ten more on the next but no one lives up here anymore."

The driver pulled on the walkie talkie to send out a call, "Sir, Miss Jauregui just explained to me that there is a lot of ground to cover. I think we will need to stop and group up for certain spots to search."

"10-4." The man responded quickly, "Stop about two miles up and we will all pair up."

"Lauren," Camila reached to me from the back which broke my contact with the familiar rode, "Can I please come with you?"

I put my hand on hers and nodded, "Sure."

--

Camila and I were split up with Agent Holland.

We got into the first SUV and he sent me a look, "Is there any place you're very familiar with? Somewhere you
know that has a lot of hiding spots."

I looked down at my fingers, still unsure if I should speak up about 'my cabin' that I take refuge to, but I knew it was a safe bet.

"There's three houses off of this road that I'm familar with if that's what you mean." I told him and he nodded turning off into another dirt road shielded by trees.

We stopped off at the first cabin which had a few trees separating it from the one in the middle. My cabin.

We got out and quietly shut the doors to glide over to the porch.

This cabin was covered in cobwebs and caked in dirt. It was horribly weathered and almost ran down.

No one in their right minds would hide out in this piece of shit house unless they were utter meth heads.

The front door wouldn't even budge for the official. He sighed out, "I'm gonna go check around back. You two should just stay here and we will cross over to the other cabin next."

I sat down on the wooden and worn patio of the cabin and stared out at the ground. Camila took a seat beside me and put her hand in mine to interlock our fingers together, "Do you think she's okay?" Her soft voice was breaking.

I looked at her and tried to be strong even though what I was seeing was killing me. Her brown eyes were filling up with tears and I wasn't sure what I could say. I didn't want to be a downer but I don't want to lie. "I don't know."

I needed to be honest about the cabin. If I don't tell her and she sees all my stuff there, she'll know I've kept so many secrets from her. And even though they were for her own good, it's time to come clean.

"Mila, you remember when I would get mad and leave?" She rubbed her thumb over the back of my hand and nodded. "The next cabin we are going to is the one I would be at when I was trying to calm down."

"So, that's why you know this place so well?" Camila straightened up a little and I kept quiet, not feeling a reason to respond.

We heard a sound behind us but to our relief it was just the official, "There's no one here but I saw a car parked far back in the woods on that next cabin."

Before we could start getting up, we heard it. The blood curdling yell from a girl. Not just any girl. Y/N. "SOMEONE PLEASE! HELP ME!"

We all shared a worried glance and Holland pulled on his walkie talkie, "Send back up, we found her."