seventeen

CAMILA'S POV

We walked into the house and Sofi trailed behind me. I looked over to Lauren with a smile, "I'm gonna go tell Y/N we're back."

"Can I come with you?" Sofi begged.

I nodded and she grabbed my hand to pull me up the stairs. Her energetic feet hopping up each step. We swung our hands together to Y/N's work room.

I knocked on the door softly in case she was sleeping, "Y/N?" No answer. I opened the door to see the empty room.

Maybe she's sleeping.

We walked back over to our room and I opened another empty room.

Shit. She's probably in that guest house again.

I knelt down to Sofi with a reassuring smile, "Sof, will you go see Mama for a second? I gotta go get Y/N."

"Why can't I come?" Her curious little voice asked.

I sternly spoke to her, not feeling up for negotiations at the moment. "'Cause you can't. Go see Mom and Dad."

She pouted before running off down the stairs into the living room while I went the back yard.

The darkness washed over the backyard as I made careful steps on the trail to the guest house. I opened the door, "Y/N! Y/N, we're home."

After searching every room and finding nothing. Panic struck me. The worst part of this is wondering what Lauren will do when I tell her.

I stole Lauren from Taylor to pull her into the hallway.

"Babe, if you wanted me alone, you can just say so." She smirked pushing me against the wall and attacking my neck.

"Stop." I ordered her coldly, "Something happened."

Her eyes went from alluring to anxious, "What happened?"

"It's y/n. She's gone." I eased her into the topic.

"SHE'S GONE?!"

I shushed her, "Be quiet. Yeah, I can't find her."

Lauren began pacing while pushing her fingers through her hair. "Fuck. Um, go check her work room. There's gotta be clues. I'll meet you there in a second. I just gotta make something up as to why I'm freaking out."

I nodded and skipped up the stairs quickly to go to her work room. I pulled looked over at her futon to see that the quilt hadn't been touched. I went to the right drawer and opened it. Shuffling through insignificant scratch paper that Y/N wrote little notes on for her stories. But nothing.

Lauren finally rushed into the room, "Everyone is watching a movie downstairs. San Andreas, I think. So, we have 45 minutes at the most until someone comes to get us."

Lauren went to the left drawer to rummage through notebooks and papers. "Babe,"

"What? What did you find?" I said excitingly hoping she found some reason to why Y/N would want to leave us.

"I left that credit card for Y/N here two weeks ago. And since she was in the hospital then, she couldn't have got it."

"So?" I was really confused. I can't piece stuff together like everyone else can.

"Babe, she has the card. We can find her. We'll just go online and look at the records. Maybe she's bought something and it'll lead us to her." I could tell Lauren was beginning that angry look. The one that I was scared of the most.

--

We began driving towards a hotel surrounded by restaurants.

"We'll have to split up." Lauren told me gripping the steering wheel profoundly. "The bills said that she got a hotel room but then went to eat afterwards. So, she's either still eating or she's in the hotel."

"Well, where do you want me to go?" I asked in a concerned voice.

"The restaurant. I need to know if she's in that room."

"Why can't I go to the hotel."

She snarled to me, "Camila, please. Don't start this now."

"I just don't wanna go out to a restaurant by myself. Everyone is starting to recognize us. What if I'm attacked or something?"

"Camila, I don't care. I'll drop you off at the restaurant and if you don't find her, then walk to the hotel. I'm not fighting about this!" She was staring to get angrier.

I clutched my body to the car door. Trying to get as far away from her as possible. I don't like being with her while she's angry.

Lauren let me out at the restaurant and squealed the tires to drive down the street to the huge hotel down the way.

I pushed my shoulders back and took my time to walk through the doors of the busy establishment.

Waiters and waitresses were walking from left to right, serving and picking up from tables.

The hostess cleared her throat to catch my attention, "Hello there. Is it just gonna be one tonight?"

I shook my head with a smile and took out my phone to flick the screen open, "No ma'am. I was just wondering if you've seen this girl tonight. She's missing and I'm trying to find her."

I held the screen up to the girls eye level so she could perceive it correctly. Ashe nodded, "Yeah. She came in like 45 minutes ago. She just got a shake though. She's been gone for at least 15 minutes."

I frowned and licked the phone to place it back in my pocket, "Oh okay. Well, thank you so much for your time."

"No problem." She smiled before stacking some menus together and turning around to talk to another employee.

When I left the building, I pulled my phone up to my ear to call Lauren.

"Babe, she's not here. The lady at the front said she left 15 minutes ago." I said softly.

Her anger seemed to have even more volume than before, "I know. I'm on my way up to her room."

"Babe, please just calm down before you see her." I begged her.

"Don't tell me what to do." She bit at me.

"I'm not telling you what to do, Lauren. I'm just saying. Please don't be so angry. Maybe she had a reason."

"I don't care what her reason was! She left without so much of a goodbye or anything. She's given us no reason to why she'd wanna leave. We've done everything for her. So, get your ass over here now. I'll see you then." She ended the call leaving nothing but silence on my end.

I started speed walking to the hotel.

I may be Y/N's only choice now. Lauren won't hold back on punishing her.

--

a/n:

how many of y'all are down for me to post the first chapter of 'our little forever'. just to give y'all a little taste of it. I won't be doing regular updates until the 28th but I wanna tease y'all with the first chapter. comment below, babes -agf