twenty-four

YOUR POV

"I-I'm sorry. I just thought I'd look around." I explained. "I'll go."

He put his hand on my shoulder and turned me around to face the wall, "Who are these girls you're with?"

I shook my head, not willing to let him know about Lauren and Camila. I had to protect them. "I'm no-t sure."

"Don't lie to me." He growled out. "Tell me who they are."

"Just some friends."

"Friends?" He chuckled softly before pointing at the picture of Lauren and I kissing, "That is not a friend. Now answer me. Who are these girls?"

"My girlfriends." I answered with a soft voice, looking down at the wood floor.

"They've got to you. Haven't they?" Dad whispered softly in my ear making me cringe to unbelievable lengths.

"Who is they?"

He held out his hand and pointed to the girls, "You're impure now. You're no use to me anymore."

I didn't like the sound of this at all.

"Dad, what do you mean?" I began shaking while he stepped in front of me to make my back hit the wall.

"I'm sorry, baby girl." His voice cracked a little before he raised his hand to reveal a knife that he hid behind him.

I dodged he knife and ran in the opposite direction of him while screaming at the top of my lungs. Praying to God that someone would hear me, "SOMEONE PLEASE! HELP ME!"

I tried to reach the bedroom but I was too slow.

Dad caught me and used one arm to hold my torso still while he angled the knife to get it ready to slit my throat open, "I'm sorry I have to do this."

A tear fell out of my duct and I sniffled, "You really don't have to. Please. I can be useful. I promise."

I could see my life flash before me. Everything was coming back all at once. I remembered it all. Even the accident. Except I'll be dead before I can tell the girls the good news.

"I love you, Y/N." I felt the knife press closer to my skin and a little blood trickled out onto my shirt.

The front door of the cabin bursted open and three people ran in. Two of them were the biggest surprises to me. The other was just a stranger.

"What the fuck are you doing to her?" Lauren roared, stomping towards us before my Dad pointed his knife towards her, "Whoever you are, you need to leave. This has nothing that concerns you. Don't make me get you next."

Camila pulled Lauren back and the man that was with them pulled out a gun and began trying to negotiate with the psychopath. "Sir, just put the knife down. You're only making matters worse."

"I SAID LEAVE! NO ONE CAN HELP US. I-" He started screaming but his eyes glared over to the picture frame on the wall then back to Lauren, "You've come for me." His voice got crackily before he held the knife back out towards Lauren and started to corner her while keeping his hold on me, "I've done what I was asked, ok? You got to my daughter before me. I have nothing left. WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to back away from this lady. Now." The man directed my Dad but he didn't even acknowledge him.

"This deal with us is over. It's you or her. I can't live this way anymore." He was mental. He didn't know what he was doing or saying. He played some game in his head for too long and now it's got the best of him.

He actually believes that Lauren is this 'all evil presence'.

"Fine." Lauren glared down. "Take me."

"No!" I screamed as my father pushed me away to grab Lauren and hold her in the same grasp that he had me in.

"Sir, let her go or I will shoot." The man warned one more time.

"I'm sorry you have to see this, Y/N." Dad said before jabbing the knife into Lauren's side which caused the man with the gun to shoot at his chest three times. The loud sound of the gun rang through my ears.

So much was happening at once.

Dad fell on the floor and Lauren quickly followed with a shallowed breath.

"We need that ambulance now." The man ordered on his walkie talkie.

I jolted to one side of Lauren while Camila got the other. Tears filled my eyes as I brushed my fingers through her black locks. "Lauren, babe. You gotta stay with me."

"I'm happy you're okay." Lauren smiled.

I looked down to see the knife protruding from her stomach while blood slowly seeped out of the wound and made a wet spot on the floor.

Her green eyes started to get heavy and I tapped her face, "Stay with me, Lauren. Come on. You gave me a chance now you're getting one, too. Please."

--

Camila and I have been waiting in this hospital for almost three hours. Lauren was rushed to the ER straight away and as soon as we could, we called the girls.

I let Camila clutch onto me as we sat and waited. Time kept passing by and I grew wearer and wearer of the information they would give us.

"What the hell are they doing in there?" I sighed out in frustration.

"Give it time." Camila responded with a sniffle.

I decided she was right and there was no point in fighting. Not here. Not now. I had to keep my spirits up for Lauren. I didn't want to wallow in what I caused.

"I remember you now." I softly said, leaning back on Camila.

Her eyes shot open and she turned her head, "Wha-What?"

"I can remember everything now. Too little, too late, I guess." I frowned to myself.

Camila grabbed my hand and softly caressed the top of it while her other hand cupped my cheek and turned my face towards her. Our lips met and she pulled away with a smile, "We were waiting to hear those words. It took you long enough to get back to us."

The doctor entered the waiting room and called out, "Family and friends of Lauren Jauregui?"

Camila and I stood up hand in hand and he nodded, "Right this way."

We walked through a series of doors and hallways into the Emergency room quarters. We passed by four doors until we got to one where the door was slightly cracked. He pushed it open and there was Lauren, sitting up in the bed with a loopy look on her face.

Camila and I ran to both sides of the bed to hug Lauren while the doctor began explaining the procedure to us.

"Luckily, the knife wasn't in any major arteries so it wasn't too hard to get out. She's a little disoriented because she's lost a pint or two of blood but I'm sure she'll be fine. This is honestly a miracle." The doctor said with a smile, clutching his clip board. "We will keep her overnight for observation but I'll leave you three alone for now."

He hurried and closed the door behind him and as soon as he was gone, I placed a kiss on Lauren's lips.

"You saved me. Thank you." I told Lauren with the utmost appreciation for her.

She shook her head and smiled, "It's nothing. You would've done the same for me and I would've done the same for Camz."

Camila sniffled and laughed a little, "I draw the line at this, you two. I don't wanna be the next one in one of these beds."

I smiled at her, "Don't worry. You ain't going nowhere."

"'You aren't going anywhere.'" Lauren corrected me with a peppy smile.

"You just got stabbed and you're still correcting me." I laughed to look into those dark green eyes. Almost hypnotized by the comfort of them.

She shrugged sloppily, "Well, I am deemed the Grammar Queen."