Chapter 3

"I want a rematch," Ray's whine came unregistered in my mind. "How the hell are we supposed to have a rematch when she's in the brink of conciousness?" Zac snapped. I could feel hands on my wrist, checking my pulse and I couldn't help but feel a chuckle rising in the back of my throat. These guys are just too cute.

"Guys, I'm fine. I'm just exhausted and a bit dehydrated," I admitted, speaking out loud and gaining a few low, relieved sighs. "Here, K. Drink some," I squinted my eyes to get a glimpse on the bottle offered.

Irene stood there, looking like an angel who's offering me the cup of life. Yeah, I know, I know, it's a bit exaggerated but my throat feels like the sahara desert. I cracked a smile and whispered a thank you through my chapped lips and drank from the bottle, emptying it instantly. I licked my dry lips and smiled at the guys, "How about a swim in the ocean?"

My question was rewarded with cheers and hoots. The guys stripped on the spot and I wasn't surprised when all of them has defined abs. God help me. 'They're friends. They're ugly. Ugly af. Ugly ducklings. Ugly bloodthirsty little beasts.' I chanted in my head trying to avert my eyes from staring. Irene didn't even needed to fight to not look. Her eyes were only to ogle her bae's which were basically hot british actors.

"Hey, you coming, K?" I made the mistake to look his way to respond and me being me, an idiot, in this case, stopped and stared at his abs and V line. I muttered some incoherent reply and my face trailed up to his face to see him already smirking. 'Wow, smirking Zac is hot,' I mused in my head. "Ky, stop staring and get in the water!" Julian shouted from the water with a grin.

Surprisingly, Ju-ju (Julian) and I bonded pretty quickly and now he's like my best friend. I decided to give him the nickname since I thought, why not give him another nickname instead of Jules since it kind of give a feminine vibe and looking at him now, I just. How the hell can someone have such a feminine nickname with that kind of body?

Of course he's not as close as Irene and I, but close enough. "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming! Give me a second, would you." I shouted back at them as Ray and the brothers were already splashing and playing chase. Irene and sweet little Benny were already in the waters, sitting there and just playing with the mini waves.

I sighed, hating this part of swimming. I gotta strip and while I usually wouldn't mind because it'll just be Irene and me, there are guys in the audience seat now and I'm not exactly what you call confident. I waited until they all were too distracted with something before discarding my top and jean shorts and running towards the water, making sure until it reached just below my shoulders for good measure.

The guys were searching for me in the shore, still oblivious as ever. "Hey guys! Quit looking like idiots!" I teased them and they all snapped their attention to my direction but I was long under water, holding my breath as best as I can.

Suddenly, a heavy weight landed on me and I squealed under water, some of the salty water getting access into my mouth. When the thing was off me, I quickly swum to the surface and spurted out the water and start inhaling the much needed air. Coughing some water out while at it.

"Oh my God! Ky, are you okay?" Irene shouted in panic as I saw her frantically carrying Benny on her hip and making her way towards me, not even caring when the water reached her abdomen. She looked me over before turning around and screaming hysterically like an angry mama bird who got their baby birds murdered by hunters. "Vince! You idiotic asshole! You almost killed her! You better run, you ass-butt!" I quickly took Benny from her arms who was pressing his face to Irene's shoulder.

"You okay, little guy?" I asked him with a worried expression. He nodded and smiled, giving me a peck on my cheek. I smiled at him and set him on my hip. We watched as Irene chased around Vince. Poor guy, he's gonna have it.