Chapter 4

Guess what? Yep, you got it. It's a horror movie and yes, I didn't watch half of the shit because I was too busy running around searching for salt and iron with Benny on my hip and Irene having my back. So yeah, if the guys were rooting for two scared girls, jumping into their arms for comfort, they've got another thing coming.

The guys were all sprawled on the living room couch while Irene, Benny and I were huddling on a spot on the floor, in a circle of salt while Irene and I were clutching the tools used for fixing the sink made of iron.

Every once in a while the movie's volume or background sound would increase and Irene and I would squeeze our eyes shut and we'd squeeze the life out of each other and Benny being a kid hid his face on my abdomen, squeezed between us.

Surprisingly, Vince was.. What's the word.. Terrified? Mortified? Shaking in his shoes? You got the point. Every time the creepy looking doll would appear, he'll jump and shield himself behind his brother. Matt on the other hand, was no better and was hiding behind Ray. Meanwhile, Ray who has an original huge ass ego is trying to hide his fear and hold his flinches back whenever blood-curdling screams would come through the speakers.

I found it funny as to how the only chill guys there who was actually watching the movie and yet naturally keeping a calm demeanor was only Julian and Zac himself. They were lounging on the couch, grinding the popcorns loudly with their teeth. I glared at them. Not because of what you might think, it was just unfair that the rest of us were cowering in fear and clutching weapons, minds open to gruesome images while they get to be graced by the immunity of horror movies.

Yes, I envy them. Idgits with the brain of a donkey and the face of a toad. They must be some demon or some sort. I mean, come one, how the hell can they keep so calm and relaxed when someone is getting butchered.. By a fudging doll! With a creepy face, might I add.

Nope, I refuse to believe they are mundanes. They're either leviathans or demons. Period.

Throughout my inner banter, I didn't realize that the movie has come to an end and the guys turned the lights back on. I released a huge relieved sigh, my shoulders sagging and I massage the tense muscles from being on guard for so long.

Irene got up and offered to take my 'weapon' and return it to it's original place. I held on to a sleeping Benny who rested his head on my chest and sat on my lap. I got up and asked Zac where Benny's room is and he offered to take him there. "It's fine, I can do it," I insisted. So after Zac told me where it was, I start walking that way with Benny in my arms and Zac behind me.

He helped open the bedroom door and I walked in and approached the bed. Zac peeled the duvet away and I bend down to put Benny on the bed softly but just when I was about to let him go, his hands shot up and clung onto my neck like vines. I didn't wanna wake the little guy up so I did the most logical thing.

I signaled Zac to hand me over a pillow and when he gave it to me, I got ready and pulled my head away just enough to put space between me and Benny before slipping the pillow in softly but quickly before pulling back all the way.

Benny twisted and turned for a little while before settling on his side, hugging the life out of his pillow and I grabbed the duvet and tucked him in, kissing him on the forehead. Zac and I exited the room, closing the lights on our way out, causing light from the hallway to stream in and we shut the door.

We faced each other in the hallways in a somewhat awkward silence. Zac cleared his throat, "So, seems like you're great with kids." He stated and I smiled, remembering the old days. "Yeah, all my cousins are younger than I am and because their parents are so busy with the family business, they usually leave me to babysit them." He frowned like he was thinking over what I said. "What about your brothers? And how many of your cousins do you usually babysit?" He asked, looking curious. "My dad wanted to teach my brothers the basic ropes of the company earlier so they're often out, learning and all that. As for how many kids, it ranges from one to ten or so kids at once."

His expression was too hilarious and I had to laugh. He looked like a fish that jumped out of the water. He was about to say something else but Matt came running towards us from the hallway.

"Ky? You might want to come down. It's Irene." He said, breathing hard and when he mentionef Irene, he didn't even need to ask twice, the three of us bolted with me on the lead and I ran like I've never had before.

When I climbed the stairs, Matt directed us to the kitchen. We ran there and when we got to the kitchen, the boys crowded it but quickly parted when they saw us coming. "Vince found her with a nose-bleed and was about to grab her some tissue but she just mumbled something and passed out. Vince managed to catch her in time before she hit the ground." I only nodded at what Ray said and crouched beside her body, saying a quiet thanks to Vince.

"Did you guys..?" I trailed off, not being able to speak. "They're on their way, Ky." Julian said softly, rubbing my back as I held Irene's cold hand. I can only nod and waited, staring at Irene's pale face and the blood that had slightly dried from her nose. I grabbed the tissue someone set beside me and dabbed the blood with it.

I believe I was in shock. All I could do was stare and hold her hand tightly as the sirens filled the quiet neighbourhood.