Chapter 11

"Hey, that's not fair!" I accused Zac as I pressed the buttons on the controller furiously. "Nuh-uh, fair and square, babe." He smirked as he pressed the buttons in undefined patterns. 'PLAYER 1 WINS' popped up on the screen and I turned to gape at Zac. "Wh-huh. The.. You cheated!" I narrowed my eyes at him and pointed a finger to his chest, "there is now way you could've gotten that lucky." He just smirked at my expression and pulled me to his side and raised his other arm, making an arch with it, "It's called the art of skills."

I wanted to punch his smug look.

I grumbled under my breath as I pulled away from his side hug and crossed my arms, pouting slightly with a playful frown. "You're getting me some pie," I plopped back on the couch and stared at the beige ceiling. "Oh, come on. My wallet's deprived of money! I can't afford another pie!" He whined playfully as he poked me on my side.

I didn't falter or flinch. Not a bit. "It's a part of the whole girlfriend boyfriend thing, babe." I told him while smiling cheekily and then went back to whining for my pie as I pat my stomach. "Come on, I need some pie. Let's go get me some pie." I said as I stood up from the bean bag and got my red sweater that has 'Simple is beautiful' on it and ripped jeans, entering the bathroom to change into them before exiting it and grabbed my beanie. I dragged him out the door as I slipped on my flats on the way out, not giving him a chance to complain.

"I'm driving!" I announced as I grabbed his keys! "Oh hell no! You are not crashing my baby!" He yelled as he rushed to the driver's seat and blocked my way. I whined and pouted, "B-b-but I wanna drive. Pwetty pwease? With a cherry on top?" I begged but he stood his ground as he grabbed the keys from my hand and ushered me to the shotgun seat.

I grumbled under my breath and caved in with a sigh, "Fine, but I shall pick the song." I declared as I opened the car door and slip in. Boys and their cars, I will never be able to understand their love.

Zac pulled out of the driveway and start driving toward the pie palace nearby. I switched the radio on and switched stations until fall out boy came through the speakers and I started singing along loudly and a bit off-key. Okay, a lot off-key.

"SOME LEGENDS ARE TOLD
SOME TURN TO DUST AND TO GOLD
BUT YOU WILL REMEMBER ME
REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES
HEEEYYY AAAA WOO HEEEY AAA
REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES!!"

Zac shook his head in amusement and just kept driving until we arrived at the restaurant that serves the best pie in town. Oh sweet pie. I licked my lips in anticipation. It's so close yet so far away. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car, not waiting for the guy I now call my boyfriend.

Yes, 16 years and I can finally call someone my official boyfriend and not fantasize about fictional dudes that are either dead or lost in oblivion. I know what you're thinking, why would I do that, he's a prick but honestly, he's been nothing but sweet and helping me cope with the thing with Irene and it's been two weeks now. He asked me out two days ago and I found no reason to say no. Well, aside from the Mira incident but he promised it won't happen again so of course I said yes.

He bought me food, brought me to places that I've never known before and bought me more food. (Tips for the guys: food is the key to a girl's heart.) Besides the delicious foods he sent me everyday, I've started realizing about just how deep I've fallen for this guy. I looked down at out intertwined hands and smiled at the sight before tracing it back to his face which was graced with a smile but he kept his gaze straight ahead as we got closer to the entrance.

He held the door open for me and I said a quick thank you before looking around and choosing the table closest to the big window. I ordered my pie and set the menu down, staring out the window and into the traffic outside while waiting for Zac to finish ordering.

When he finally set the menu down and let the waiter take it away along with our orders, he took my hands and pulled back the sleeves of my sweater to trae circles on my palm and I giggled at what he's doing. "I want to know more about you," he declared out of the blue and an amused smile found itself onto my lips. "Ask away," I told him, my tone filled with humor.

"Okay, what's your favorite color?" He asked and I shrugged, "It's either black, white or blue. But probably blue." We went on asking each other questions until he finally asked me about my hobbies. "Meh, probably sleeping. Or eating, reading too. I like learning defense lessons, they're pretty fun." I added after an afterthought. He looked surprise at that but shrugged it off and asked another question. "What got you so close with Irene?" I thought it over again. "I don't really know. I guess we just kind of clicked. She used to be this girl who sits, walks and eats alone in the cafeteria and I'm this kind of girl that can't stay put and befriend anyone that is casted out. I know how bad it feels and I didn't want anyone else to feel that way so when I saw her, I just bounded my way up to her and asked or maybe kind of forced her to sit with my group of friends and even though she'd just sit there and keep quiet, I'll make sure to keep an eye on her and I would probably beat up anyone who touches a single hair on her. I didn't befriend her out of pity though, at first I thought I was simply taking her under my wing but soon, I found her helping me get out of this depressing mood I've got when I was a kid. She's like my other half and I don't know what I'll do if I'm gonna lose her." I told him honestly.

Zac whistled, "That's some deep story." I laughed and nodded, "Yeah, I guess it is. She's just this twin I've never had and I just couldn't ask for anyone better." I smiled at the memories that are popping out as Zac smiled towards me and the food finally came.

"Here you go, enjoy!" The waiter said with a smile before walking away, leaving the both of us to eat our food. I picked up the utensils and started slicing a piece of my pie and stabbed it with the fork while licking my lips as I brought it up towards my mouth but just when I was about to take the bite, I heard my phone's ringtone come on. I checked the called ID and saw that it was Irene. My eyes widened and my heart accelerated. I quickly dropped the fork and glide my finger across the screen.

"Hello?" I answered meekly, I have to keep my hopes in check, I don't need it to get trampled. "Kylie?" Irene's voice went through the speakers and I could feel my eyes widen as a smile break out on my face and tears formed at the back of my eyes. "Irene? Is that really you?" I asked again, just to clarify the fact that I heard Irene's voice and not someone else's. It's almost impossible to falsely make out her voice. I know that voice, anywhere. I grew up with that voice talking about fandoms, about fictional guys, ranting and rambling about how stupid characters are and what not.

"Yeah, it's me, Ky."