Chapter 13

"You're awake! Oh my God, you're awake! Do you know how worried we were?!" Vince exclaimed as he burst through the door just as I was telling Irene what happened while she was out. "Iwene! Iwene! You finally stopped sleeping! The president must give you a medal for the longest sleeper in the world!" Benny said aloud in wonder, waddling in and talking animatedly with hand gestures while Irene picked him up and set him on his lap.

"Hi, Benny. God knows how much I've missed you," Irene told him while hugging him tight to her. "Hey, what about me?" Vince fake pouted and opened his arms. Irene shook her head, smiling slightly and did something that apparently shocked all of us.

She kissed him.

Irene grabbed a hold of the front of his shirt and pulled him towards her, making their lips collide and I instantly looked away, hearing an 'eww' from little Benny while at it. Ray cleared his throat loudly as he strolled into the room and Irene let go of Vince's shirt and pulled away immediately, looking down and blushing furiously while Vince scratched the back of his head and looked down to his shoes. "That escalated quickly," Matt muttered in amusement to no one in particular. He quirked an eyebrow at Irene and her scarlet cheeks reddened more than it did, if that was even possible.

"Erm, yeah. We kind of -uh- *awkward cough* got together," Vince mumbled incoherently but it was clear enough for me and of course I couldn't stay silent and squealed earning a playful glare from Irene. "Omg! And you didn't think of telling me?! When? Spill, woman!" I could feel my eye twitch as I rushed to Irene's hospital bed and put my ace three inches from her, our noses almost touching. I felt my eye twitch once more and Irene squeaked, scurrying back until her head hit the wall and she yelled an ouch, rubbing the sore spot and I cackled while Benny's lip twitch, trying to not form a smile but he also looked at me like he's spooked and as for Vince, he tended to his girlfriend the second a small peep went out of her pretty little mouth.

"No, seriously though, when did you guys started dating?" I asked them and Irene smiled up at Vince while he turned to me and gave me a grim smile, "The night that she fell into a coma." And I couldn't help but feel sorry, no wonder he was so devastated. He was almost as devastated as I was. "Speaking of dating, did you guys know about Zac and Mira? The nerve of that clotpole, I swear I'm going to rip his throat out." She seethed in anger but the guys just looked more confused than ever. "Clotpole?" was Ju-ju's smart question to her rant. "Sometimes, I worry about your mental health." I patted his shoulder lightly and he looked offended, exclaiming out a 'Hey!'

"The little butt-butt played with Kylie's heart and is currently Mira's personal bitch," her explanation earned a snort from Ray and an eye roll from Ju-ju, "He has always been her bitch! The dude's whipped and not in a good way." I had the urge to laugh at his statement but found the knife buried deep in my heart twisting around, like it was trying to dig out some kind of feeling out of me.

Ju-ju, seemingly caught something off about me, laid his hand on my shoulder, "Hey Ky, you okay there?" I gave him a forced and strained smile before nodding lightly, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just need some fresh air." I told him as I headed for the door and exited the room, walking down the hall hurriedly. I got to the end of it after some turns and I just leaned on the glass, thinking how messed up all this is.

Suddenly, I caught the sound of footsteps. I sighed inwardly, must be Ju-ju being a worried dollop head. "Ju, didn't I-" but I didn't get to finish my sentence since another voice that my heart can't help but skip a beat for. "Not Julian, babe."

Is it possible to fall for someone you hate so much and you're supposed to hate? Because I just want to make sure that I'm not going cuckoo right now. "What do you want, asshole," I snapped at him and glared at his hand that's on my shoulder. He pretended not to notice my glare and let it stay there but I couldn't stand being held by such filth that I slapped it off, rather harshly might I add.

"Is it such a crime to visit my girlfriend?" He asked, grinning mischievously and I growled under my breath at him. "Not your girlfriend," I hissed at him and it just seemed to stretch his smile even wider than it is. "Ah ah ah. I believe that we have never broken up yet," I snorted, rolling my eyes briefly and cocked a hip to the side while crossing my arms. I quirked an eyebrow at him but still gave him a glare, "I think you telling me that you used me and announcing that you're Mira's bitch is a declaration of a break up enough."

"Not officially though," Zac smirked and I groaned loudly that echoed through the halls. "What do you want, Zac?! I mean you successfully took a chink of my dignity from me already! What else can you want from me?! I mean, before you came and played me like I'm some toy that you can cast aside, I was happy." I ranted and I could feel the tears threatening to surface. I held it back as long as I can but failed miserably.

"Oh come on, you couldn't have possibly tell me that you wefe perfectly content with reading books, writing things that you have never dared show anyone except for Irene and fangirling over fictional boys!" He inquired but I narrowed my eyes into slits and sassed him back, "As a matter of fact, I was content! I enjoyed how I lived my life! I didn't need to care if they would break my heart 24/7 because I know they can't. They can't hurt me because they don't know who I am. They're fictional. Have you ever thought that maybe I kept it that way because I've never wanted to fall in love and experience all this?" I gestures around us and I could see something that glinted in his eyes, "You really are something, Kylie," He murmured.

"You know if you didn't say all those things to Mira and if I've never met her, I could've actually liked you and not pretend." Ouch. That hurt. "Screw you, Zac. Screw you. I hope you're happy with the little bitch. I'm just glad that you didn't have my heart yet." I told him but he just neared his face to mine, "Oh but I believe I did have that little fragile heart of yours." He whispered and I drew back, putting some space between us. He smirked, seeming to just prove his point. I turned away and made a move to step away but his hand caught my wrist and held on tightly. "Don't you dare talk dirt about Mira ever again or else," he threatened as his eyes darkened and I was honestly scared of him in that second but I held on to my poker face and looked at him blankly.

"Let. Go. Of. My. Hand." I told him slowly but his grip just tightened. "You asked for it." I told him and I knew he regretted not releasing my hand when I kneed him in the balls and had him falling to his knees and cupping his genital. I turned and walked down the hallway without looking back.

I hate him. So damn much. He's dead to me. I kept on chanting this in my head as I walked down the hall back to Irene's room. But why do I feel like my heart's been stabbed repeatedly.