Chapter 10

I've been sitting here for a straight two days, just staring and talking to Irene. It was a one sided conversation with me reading her all kinds of stories and just talk about fandoms.

"Hey Ryn, do you remember that teacher in 5th grade? You know, the one with the wrinkles, bony structure. We used to call her Voldie 'cause her nose was nowhere near existent. I remember her saying she has kids and kept on ranting how she would love to leave the school. Something about buying an airplane ticket? Yeah, that's about it," I sighed, I am those kind of people who can't stay still without using my brain. It just gets so boring.

"I just don't get it, Ryn. Why would he choose her over me? What does she have that I don't. I really thought that he was a kind, nice and just.. He was supposed to be the guy, Ryn. I mean, the first time I finally start falling and guess what? Of course life had to be it's usual asshole self and make him a lying, conceited, arrogant, ignorant jerk. I just don't know." Yes, I have never fallen in love or things like that so it kind of leave a permanent pain, something that I didn't expect to feel for a long time.

"I mean you've got leukemia and because the stupid doctor missed something, there's a probability that you won't be able to live the university life or go to our first prom that's actually next year. You might not see the sun anymore and I wouldn't be able to hear your fandom jokes. No one can ever drag me into a fandom so deeply like you always have and I know I'm being a whiny bitch here but life just sucks right now and just when I'm needing your weird humor, it's not available. Just please, make it out of this whole.. thing alive. Please." I tried begging as I held her hand and clutched it, looking at her face expectantly as my eyes roamed her face, trying to search for distinct facial expressions, a twitch, any movement but I saw nothing.

I huffed in disappointment and dropped my head, using my hand as a pillow as I dropped my head on my arms. I stared at the opposite wall and just muttered my silent pleas. Please, anyone that is listening, please let me have my best friend back. I thought before falling asleep, hunched on the stool as my head rested on the bed beside Irene's body.

•~•~•

"What to do, what to do, what to do?" I hummed under my breath as my fingers drummed the handle of the bed. I just woke up and I felt extremely bored. I'm just one of those type of people that can't stay still. Suddenly, there was a knock from the door and I stood up from the stool, making it scrape the floor a bit. I opened the door and peeked through the gap to find the face I have been dreading to see. "Oh, it's you." I muttered expressionlessly as I looked at him blankly. "What do you want, Robertson?" I snapped as I lean lazily on the door frame while holding the door knob lightly, twisting it once in a while.

"Can I come in?" he asked, pointing behind me but I shook my head. "You're not going anywhere near Irene, not after the past days events, how can I know that you're not going to try anything and that your bitch didn't send you here to sabotage the machine that's keeping Irene alive? Why in the living hell should I trust you of all people?" I ranted as I relived the last 2 days when he brought that bitch here and it almost cost Irene's life.

"Do you really think I'd do that to Irene? She's like my sister, Ky. I wouldn't hurt a hair on her," his eyes held sincerity but I wasn't that gullible girl like I was before this all happened anymore, so why can I feel my cold demeanor breaking? "I don't know, Zac. I don't know what to think of things anymore. I want to believe you, I really do but after what you did, I'm just confused." I rambled and I cringe as I heard my voice breaking. I could feel tears pricking my eyes and myself being engulfed into a pair of arms and nestled into a warm chest.

"Shh, I'm here. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. She's gonna be fine, Ky. She'll make it. I just know she will," Zac whispered comfortingly in my ear but I wasn't convinced. "But you can't promise that, could you," I whispered back into his chest as he looked down at me and looked into my eyes. "I can and I will. I promise she will make it and I promise I'll be here to accompany you wait until that day comes." He told me, smiling as he wiped the stray tears that left my eyes.

I smiled back at him. Little did I know, I was back to being that naive little girl that got her heart broken all over again.

-sorry this one is short, I'll be posting more frequently soon. Just have to finish this last one for my finals. Hehe, see you soon peeps.