Chapter 18

"How the hell am I supposed to explain this Derek!" I heard a feverent whisper that I assumed was Peter. It was hard to tell with my throbbing head, and I was too tired to open my eyes or move.

"This is your mess Peter, if you hadn't dragged-"

"Don't you dare blame me for this Derek, I never wanted any of this to happen" Peter snapped as I slowly started feeling myself fading back to sleep once again.

***

"Why has he been asleep for so long?" I heard a worried voice and there was a long pause before a reply sounded.

"Wow, you really do care about the kid, don't you?" asked a surprised voice. There was no reply, just silence. Then I heard footsteps walking away and I faded once again.

***

"His dad has called three times Peter, we have to drop him somewhere. We can't draw attention to ourselves" a feverent voice urged.

"No Derek, not yet. I need to see him wake up."

"And what if the police show up and find him here before he does wake up? How are you going to explain to the sheriff how his son ended up in your apartment unconscious."

"Why would they even come check here?" Peter argued.

"Well they might talk to Scott, he might have an idea. Do you even know if the kid told his friend?" I heard a breath being taken as someone was about to say something, but I finally gathered the energy to open my eyes and sit up.

"Stiles!" Peter gasped as he kneeled down beside me. I slowly rubbed my face with my hands.

"God my head" I groaned.

"Here, drink this. It should help" Peter offered a water from the coffee table in front of me. I took a sip before taking in my surroundings. I was back in Peter's apartment, but it wasn't a wreck this time.

"What happened Peter? What am I doing here?" I quizzed. The last thing I remember is-

"You threw your glass at me!" I snapped in remembrance and Peter's face scrunched in confusion.

"Stiles-" he started but I cut him off.

"No, just stop it Peter. This would've never even worked out anyway" I snapped as I stormed toward his apartment door.

"Stiles!" he called after me "wait!" But I wasn't stopping. I had probably fainted on the stairs after leaving the first time. That would explain why my head hurts. I reached my head up only to feel the bandaging where my cut had been from his glass. And it seems he bandaged me up too.

I can't believe this. I really liked him and then suddenly he goes ten kinds of angry. My steps faultered on the stairs as a frown slipped onto my face. I really thought he was going to be different, that we were going to last. I let out a sigh as I continued on down the stairs.

{PETER'S POV}

"He doesn't remember" I mumbled under my breath after Stiles left. He doesn't remember a damn thing about Jay kidnapping him. And to be honest, I don't know which would be worse. I finally decide that I'm going to try my best with him, and a head injury makes it so he only remembers me as an asshole. I mean, we never really made up, but I did save him from crazy psycho Vampire Jay.

Which reminds me of the other problem on my hands. Jay escaped before I could kill him. And I was more concerned about Stiles safety than I was about going after Jay.

"I don't know what to tell you Peter" Derek offered, having been standing in the corner through that whole scene.

"Damn it Derek, I don't even know where to go from here!" I shouted, sinking onto the couch "I messed up big time."

"Maybe give him some space for a while" Derek suggested "It be the safest thing for him, and maybe the healthiest thing for your relationship."

"I'm tired of running away from how I feel Derek, It's not fair to me" I sighed.

"I'm not telling you to run away, I'm just saying that you should give Stiles and yourself some time to heal before you try things again" he offered "If it's meant to be, then it will happen eventually." I nodded as I took in Derek's words, and I knew he was probably right.

{STILES' POV}

I got home about 15 minutes later and flung myself onto the couch before Dad came rushing down stairs in a panic.

"Stiles, where the hell have you been?!" He quizzed frantically, pulling me off of the couch and into a hug. Before I could answer he released the hug and immediately went into angry parent mode out of fear.

"Don't you ever disappear like that on me like that again, do you hear me Stiles?! You had me scared half to death" he shouted "I thought you'd been kidnapped or something."

"Don't worry dad, it won't happen again. I just had to get some fresh air. I was walking around the forest" I shrugged, not knowing why I was covering for Peter. Probably because part of me still cares for him.

"For eight hours?" He stated in exasperation "and for god sakes, what happened to your face?" I reached my hand up and touched the bandage, remembering Peter's anger.

"Cut by a pricker" I insisted "nothing major." Like my boyfriend throwing a drink at the wall and me getting caught in the cross fire.... or, ex boyfriend. My heart squeezed slightly at the thought.

"Look dad, it's been a long day, and I'm pretty tired" I sighed "I'm going to bed."

"Alright Stiles, goodnight" he stated as I began walking to bed. I had just gotten to the first step of the stairs when he spoke up again.

"Stiles?" He shouted after me and I turned toward him.

"Yeah dad?" I quizzed.

"I love you, you know that, right?" he quizzed worriedly.

"Of course I do dad, I love you too" I smiled, and with that I was off to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since last update. I've just been pretty busy. I hope you all enjoyed that Chapter and I'll try and update again really soon! Thanks for reading.

P.S. Don't forget about what Peter promised Chris Argent. ;) *Insert evil laugh here*