Chapter 7

My eyes fluttered open and I immediately felt a painful throb in the back of my head.  I groaned as I sat up, closing my eyes once again.

"I wouldn't take things too fast if I were you"  I heard a familiar voice and I whipped my head toward the direction of the voice only to regret it as it intensifyed my headache.  I cried out in pain, holding my forehead in my hands.  I heard footsteps coming toward me and I was finally able to peel my face from my hands to see Mr. Hale standing in front of me.

"Are you okay?" he quizzed in concern.

"Where am I?" I asked, taking it slower this time as I looked around the room, and then the recent events of the night came back to me "Where's davy?  What happened?  Where's Scott?"  My heart was racing fast in my chest.

"First of all, Scott will be fine" he assured me "I found you passed out at some bar downtown and Scott was out back.  He was beaten pretty bad, but I dropped him off to his mom so she could clean him up."

"Wait, but what happened.  Davy was..... There was this big wolf thing... god I'm crazy" I sighed, leaning back on the couch that I had just minutes ago been asleep on.  Mr. Hale pursed his lips as he sat on the coffee table in front of me.

"You're not crazy" he eventually spoke up "you just had a traumatic night."  He ran his fingers over my arm where Davy's nails had dug into me.  There were gashes there, but it seems that the blood had been cleaned up.  I looked up to see Mr. Hale with an almost angry look on his face.

"You said his name was Davy?  How did you know that... guy..." he choked out the last word as if it burned.

"He's.... my cousin" I whispered, not wanting to even think about it.  I looked away from Mr. Hale's intense gaze, biting my lip nervously.

"You're cousin?!  You're kidding me right?!" he sputtered, and sighed when I didn't take it back "The asswipe tried to rape you."  Mr. Hale jumped up from the coffee table, pacing the length of his small apartment's living room.

"Well that's not really anything new" I muttered bitterly, not expecting him to hear, but his head whipped toward me, his face full of rage.

"Not anything new?  Not anything new!  Stiles are you seriously kidding me right now?" he screamed "why the hell haven't you reported the creep?!"

"I don't know, maybe because he's family" I shrugged, a bit scared of how angry he was getting over this.

"Family or not Stiles, you don't deserve to stay quiet about someone raping you!" he yelled.

"Stop yelling at me!" I shouted back abruptly "I have a freaking headache and I hurt from head to toe and I don't feel like dealing with you yelling at me on top of it!"

"Stiles-" he starts, but I quickly stand up, pointing an acusing finger at him.

"So I was sexually abused a few times by my older cousin!" I continued, tears beading in my eyes as all the memories were surfacing all at once "it fucking has nothing to do with you.  I don't even see why you should care at all.  I turn away from him, looking toward the door, but I suddenly felt a strong grip on my wrist.

"Stiles, I wasn't yelling at you okay" he whispered softly, as if he was afraid I would break, but I wouldn't dare look at him "I'm just concerned is all."

"Why?" I stated softly and exasperated, sniffling to keep the tears at bay "you don't even know me."  His touch on my arm felt a little too intimate for a teacher, but it was comforting at the same time.  It brought a sense of safety some how.

"Why?" he whispered as if it was the stupidest question I could ask "Stiles, I may not know you personally, but I know enough.  Enough that I know that I care about you more than I've cared about anyone in a while... and to be honest, it scares the hell out of me."  I felt his soft hand touch my face, pulling it so that I could face him.  I bit my lip, a tear escaping and sliding down my cheek.

Mr. Hale's thumb twiched upward, swiping the tear from existance.  His eyes were intense as he studied my face and I could seem to move.  We just stood there for what felt like hours before I snapped out of my stillness.

"I have to go" I pulled away from him, feeling weird about what had just happened "I shouldn't be here, this is wrong."  I started to back up, scared of the feelings that were starting to stir inside me... stir inside me for my teacher of all people.

"Stiles, please" he begged.

"You're are my teacher Mr. Hale" I argued harshly.

"Peter" he stated offering his name.

"No, just no" I shook my head, shaking slightly "I have to go.  I have to go."  I was stuttered as I finally made it to the door.  I looked at him for another quick second, torn, before I swung the door open, and hurried home....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so here is Chapter 7.  I know it was a short chapter, but I promise that the next one will be longer.  I hope you all enjoyed, and I will try and update again soon!  Thanks guys!  ^_^