Chapter 8

The next morning, I had my head tucked inside my locker.  I didn't even want to be here right now, and I wouldn't be if my dad had'nt forced me.  He kept telling me that if I skip school all the time, it was going to come back and bite me later on in life.  I bet he'd feel different if he knew what had really happened last night.... with Mr. Hale.....

What did happen with Mr. Hale?  I mean, it's not really like we did anything, he just kind of touched my face.  I'm mean he did say he cared about me a lot, but that can be normal for teachers to care about their students...... right?

"Oh who am I kidding" I groaned banging my head against the inside of my locker.

"Stiles!" I heard Scott chant and I pulled my head out of my locker only to see him shuffling around people in the hall trying to get to me.  I sighed as I shut my locker and leaned back against it.

"Hey man, are you okay?" Scott huffed after his small jog down the hall.  I rose an eyebrow at him as I took in all the bruising, bandages, and the black eye.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" I smirked lightly.

"I'm still walking and talking, aren't I" he smiled softly, speading his arms wide, then his face fell "you know what I'm talking about."  He gave me a stern look and I rolled my eyes, begining down the hall.

"I'm fine Scott.  You don't have to look at me like I'm some broken toy" I groaned.

"Stiles, this is Davy we are-" he started, but I cut him off.

"Don't Scott" I snapped, turning and glaring at him "I'm fine, it's over.  I don't want to talk about it anymore."  Scott crossed his arms looking at me defiantly.

"Fine, I'll drop it for now, but your going to need to talk eventually" he stated in a non-arguable tone.  I shook my head at him.

"Whatever" I grunted "we should get to class."  Scott stayed silent as he walked with me to my first class when I froze a few feet from the door.  The events that transpired with Mr. Hale coming back to the forefront of my mind once again.

"What?  What's wrong dude?" Scott asked curious as to why I just suddenly stopped.

"Do you want to skip today?" I quizzed hopefully as I turned to face Scott.

"Uh... as tempting as that is Stiles, my mom would kill me if she found out I skipped again" he sighed "what's gotten into you?"

"It's just.... I don't want to go to Mr. Hale's class today" I shrugged.  It was at that moment that the two minute warning bell rang.

"Look Stiles, I've got to get to class" Scott sighed "and don't worry, you're probably just over reacting.  I'm sure Mr. Hale doesn't hate you."  With that he walked away and my shoulders fell.

"It's not him hating me that I'm worried about anymore" I muttered under my breath before turning back toward the door and taking a deep breath.  I can do this, I can face him. 

I walked forward and into the door, completely expecting him to make one of his usual sarcastic remarks, but suprisingly, he stayed quiet.  He seemed to be studying a paper of some sort.  He suddenly looked up meeting my eyes, but I quickly ducked my head and scurried to my seat.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked me as I sat down "how was detention for you yesterday?"  I looked up at him, pursing my lips slightly.

"It was okay I guess" I shrugged, greatful for the distraction of a conversation.

"The teacher I had, whatever the name was, they were horrible" he complained "I couldn't listen to music, I could play games on my phone, hell I couldn't even just sit silently.  I had to be working on homework the whole time."

"I got let off early" I offered, starting to feel just a little guilty.  Jay's eyes widened at me.

"You got let of ear-"  He was abruptly cut off by Mr. Hale.

"Hello class, nice to see you all here today" he greeted, seeming to avoid looking at me.  I dropped my eyes to the desk, picking at it anxiously.

"I'm not feeling too great today, so I'm just going to have you open you books up to chapter 11 and do numbers 1-22" he explained "if you have any questions I'll be at my desk."

***

All class, Mr. Hale seemed entirely focused on what was on his desk, aside from the occasional student asking for help on a problem.  I found myself aimlessly doodling on the margin of my paper, my thoughts drifting around to anything but the assignment.

"Woah, what is that.  It's sweet looking" Jay exclaimed quietly and I turned, shaking my head at Jay before I noticed his eyes glued to my paper.  I looked down only to see that I had drawn the wolf like creature over and over again on my paper.  I sighed, leaning back in my chair and running a hand through my hair.

"I'm way too stressed right now" I sighed.  Jay rested his hand on my leg and I looked at him.

"I could help if you want.  People always say I'm a great listener" he offered, but I couldn't help my eyes flashing down to his hand that was awkwardly close to other parts.  I was about to move away from his touch when-

"Stiles, please come up here for a second" I heard from Mr. Hale in almost a growl.  I looked between Mr. Hale and Jay.  It was like I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.  On one hand I could go to my teacher who I may or may not have had a moment with last night and I may or may not be confused about my feelings toward him, or I could come up with an excuse to stay with Jay, who seems nice enough but also seems like he may be looking for more.

I groaned as I knocked my head on the edge of my desk.  When did things have to get so complicated.  I finally looked back up at Jay.

"I'll be right back" I explained and slowly began to shuffle to the front of the room.  I looked up at the clock to see that there were only five minutes left of class.  I'll I had to do was survive for the next five minutes and then I was home free.

"Yes Mr. Hale" I murmured, trying to look anywhere but his face.

"Look Stiles, about..... yesterday" he stated, and I could tell he was choosing his words carefully "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable.  I guess I had a bit to, uh, drink.  I wasn't thinking clearly."  I felt my shoulders sink.  I should be happy, right?  All I wanted was an uncomplicated school year, right?  Then why do I feel so weirdly disappointed.

"Right" I whispered "uh, thanks."  I stood there awkwardly for a second before the bell rang and I quickly grabbed my bag from my desk, and scurried from the room...

{PETER'S POV}

I watched Stiles lanky figure retreating from the room.  Was he disappointed?  He looked disappointed, right?  No, I will not get my hopes up.  Besides, all I'd manage to do is screw that boy's life up.

I sighed as I stood from my desk prepared to do my cleaning rounds of the classroom before the next class came in.  I walked up and down the aisles until I came to Stiles desk.  His scent still lingered in the air, but that wasn't what caught my attention.

It was the paper that Stiles seemed to have left on the desk.  In the margins he had sketched a picture of a wolf's head over and over.  The glowing eyes included and everything.  Though I recognized that wolf better than anyone, because it was me.  It was the night that I had tackled Stiles in the parking lot.

Normally my victims aren't left alive to draw pictures.  Hell I can barely remember my victims or what I do as a wolf.  Though strangely enough Stiles had made me lucid enough that night to stop my attack....

The sound of the first student entering the room tore me from my thoughts.  I snatched the paper from the desk about to rip it up, when a better idea came to me.  I folded it up and stuffed it into my pocket.  The chance to have something of Stiles was too tempting an idea to pass up.  What is this boy doing to me?.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while.  I've been really busy and then I got sick.  Thanks for bareing with me and I really hope you all enjoyed the chapter.  I'll try and update again real soon now that I'm feeling better!  ^_^