Chapter 11

I ended up changing into a pair of dark jeans and a plain white tee with a dark blue button up over it.  My dad walked in right as I was fixing my hair in the mirror like a 13 year old girl about to go on her first date.... though I guess this isn't much different....

"Well someone looks all dressed up" my dad commented from my doorway "what's the occasion, because I doubt you dressed up for my arrival home?"  I spun around, stuffing my hands in my pockets awkwardly.

"I, uh... have a non-date?" I stated as more of a question than an answer.

"Oh really" he grinned lightly "who's the guy?"

"Well they are pretty tall, dark hair-" it was at that point that I realized my dad said guy and not girl "wait... did you just say...what?"  I widened my eyes at him and he just chuckled at my reaction.

"Stiles, I'm your dad" he stated as if it completely explained his prior knowledge.

"And how are you so convinced that this happens to be a guy" I puffed up my chest defiantly as I placed my hands on my hips "I could be going on a non-date with a girl."  Dad just let out an amused sigh as he pushed past me, and over to my computer.  He moved my mouse around until my screen lit up to show my computers background of a shirtless Taylor Laughtner.  He gestured to it as if it were all the evidence.

"Well, I, it's just that" I stuttered, but my dad cut me off.

"It's a guy though, isn't it Stiles" he offered lightly, knowing that I was running out of points.

"Well, yeah" I admitted sheepishly "but I didn't even know I was into guys until.. recently."  My dad's eyes flickered back over to the picture of Taylor on my screen.

"Well I have a feeling your subconcious realized if before you did" he grinned.

"Yeah, yeah" I sighed awkwardly "Well, now that that's in the open.  Do I look okay?  I mean it's nothing official yet.  We are just hanging out... but yeah."

"You look fine Stiles" he sighed right as I heard a honk coming from out front.

"Well, that's my ride dad" I stated as I began to rush out the door, but dad grabbed my wrist.

"Not so fast" he chided "do I get to meet this mystery boy of yours."  I bit my lip as I tried to think of a good excuse.  Just because Mr. Hale and I kissed, doesn't mean it's legal.  Peter would go to jail if he was found to be having such a romantic relationship with a student.

"Yeah, no" I murmured "not yet at least.  Just give me time to see if this goes anywheres."  Dad let go of my wrist with a sigh.

"Fine, go on and have fun" he exhaled.  I shot him a smile before hurrying down stairs and out the door to Mr. Hale's sleek black car.  I climbed into the passengers seat and he didn't waste a minutes, speeding down the road.

"I'm borrowing my nephews car for the night because I'm still in the process of finding a new car" he explained and I nodded.

"So where are we going?" I quizzed curiously.

"A nice small family owned pizzaria outside of town.  It shouldn't take too long to get to" he informed me.

"Well how'd you find the place?" i quizzed with mild interest.  He pursed his lips and his hands seemed to tighten on the steering wheel a bit.

"I dated the owners daughter for a while" he stated, softly.  I dropped my gaze from his face to my lap.

"Oh" I stated awkwardly.

"But uh, to be fair, we broke up a long time ago" he hurried on "it was years ago.  I bet she doesn't even remember me."

"Yeah" I whispered.  The ride quieted down a bit after that, but I still caught him looking at me from the corner of his eye every once in a while.