Chapter 25

{STILES' POV}

It came back in pieces... then all at once as I went toppling onto the ground as Jay was slammed into the wall.... but it all just came back with the force of a high speed car.  Being kidnapped by Jay, Peter saving me.  Getting angry at Peter and storming away from him.  Finding out Peter was leaving his teaching position and how much surprising heartache came with it.  Jay grabbing me and tricking me into 'loving' him with some kind of mind game.

The sound of Peter's angry groan of pain made my head shoot up.  Jay had him pinned to the ground, his nails digging into Peter's wrists as he had his hands pinned above his head.  I shot up from my spot on the floor, rushing toward Jay, the only though in my head was saving Peter.

I had just set one hand on Jay's shoulder, when he spun around, sharp nails lashing out, catching my through in three bloody line.  I tried to take in a breath only for it to be filled with blood as I fell to the ground my vision becoming spotty.

"Stiles!" I heard Peter's mortified scream.  The last thing I saw was Jay's horrified face, before his head was disconnected from his body in a clean swipe from Peter's claws....

***

{PETER'S POV}

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!" I screeched, rushing Stiles limp body into the hospital.  His life in Stiles face was slowly fading away.

"Oh my god!" I heard a nurse gasp in horror, groping for a stretcher.  Everything thing was a blur, my vision distorted by tears.  Someone moved Stiles out of my arms and onto a stretcher rolling him away from me.

"Stiles!" I yelped in pain "Stiles!"  I began running after him but nurses jumped in front of me.

"This is a very serious injury sir" one of the nurses explained to me.

"I love him, I need to know that he's okay" I choked out trying to push past them, but my strength was failing, being replaced by shaking.  I couldn't breath.

"The doctors need space to work on him, you have to stay here" another nurse agreed.  I kept on pushing even though my werewolf strength wasn't doing anything at the moment.

"No, No, No.. Not Stiles.. I need him" I pleaded, completely melting down in the hospital lobby.  I watched a nurse coming at my side with a tranquilizer but I did nothing to stop her.  It's not like a normal tranq was going to do anything to me anyway.  I was so busy worrying over Stiles fate that I didn't even notice Chris Argent come up behind me with a wolvesbane syringe, discreetly sticking it in my neck, causing me to go limp in his arms.

"Sorry, this is my cousin.  I'll get him out of here so you can work" Chris lied swiftly as he slowly helped me out of the building.  The wolvesbane helped lower my heartbeat back to normal, my breathing slowly returning as he lowered me onto the lawn on the side of the big building.

"I couldn't breathe Chris.... the thought of losing him... I couldn't breathe" I let out in a whisper.  There was short silence before he spoke up.

"Most would call that a panic attack" he offered "it's what happens when an event fills you up with unbearable emotions."  I laid there, just taking in the feel of the soft grass on my arms.

"You know what's going to happen if he doesn't make it don't you Chris" I whispered in fear "He has vampire blood in his system.... the way I hear it... that's how it happens.... and none of you soul lives on in vampire form... you aren't who you were anymore..."

"I wish I could say something to give you hope.  I don't want to see an innocent turn as much as you don't.  Stiles is a good kid-" he started.

"Jay was a good kid" I stated off handedly "I mean, I always hated the kid for the feelings he had for Stiles... but that wasn't his fault... He didn't deserve to go out like that.  Hell, he never deserved to become a vamp in the first place." 

The image of watching Jay's head roll off his shoulders was on replay in my head.  It hadn't affected me at the time, my only thought was saving Stiles.  Now I just can't stop thinking about it.

"Yeah... I've had to do that so much in my line of work" he sighed "It's the worst part of the hunt.  The kids... and the teens... killing them always feels wrong..."

"Is that going to be Stiles.... no humanity?  Just killing and manipulation?" I asked in sadness.

"Not if you can teach him" he offered with a shrug "not if you can-"

"Where's Stiles?!  WHERE'S MY SON?!" I heard the familiar voice of the sheriff, snapping me out of my wolvesbane daze.  I shot up to follow after him into the hospital but Chris Argent stopped me.

"Your shirt is soaked in blood and dirt.  You need to go home because as much as you don't like it, you're going to be the number one subject in the attack... You can't go back in there looking like that.  Especially if Stiles doesn't make it and we are going to have to go steal the body...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long.  So here's another chapter.  I hope you all enjoyed.  Thanks so much for reading and I'll try really hard to update again soon for you guys again.  You guys are awesome!  ^_^