Chapter 30

{STILES' POV} ~4 years later~

I sat at the edge of the lacrosse field, staring off into the trees in the distant just thinking about the past four years.  Freshman year, when I finally got Scott to agree to go into the forest with me to look for the other half of the body.  When Scott got bitten by Peter, and Peter put us both through hell.  When Scott found out he was dating the daughter of a hunter.  When Jackson was a Kanima.... When I got possessed by a nogitsune.... I think that was the turning point... when my view of everything changed.

I killed my boyfriend Jay... I mean, I guess the nogitsune did.... but it was with my hands.  It took me a while to get over that... to get over all the deaths I'd caused when I was being controlled by the nogitsune.  Then Theo came along.  Almost killed Scott and screwed everything up.. and he brought fourth all the feelings that I had after the nogitsune event.  The good, the bad, the scary.

"So you wanted to talk to me?" I heard his voice and slowly lifted my head to see Peter standing ten feet in front of me.  He was clad in black jeans, a white dark blue shirt, and a leather jacket.

"It's been four years since I met you" I whispered as I slowly stood up from the grass "and I just..." I trailed off.  This was stupid.  Peter had no shred of good in him... and yet I have these weird dreams, feelings about him.

"You have dreams too... don't you" Peter stated bluntly, staring at me with a scrutinizing look.  I pursed my lips as I dropped my eyes to the ground.

"They didn't start until after I got rid of the nogitsune" I offered "It was like something changed inside my head.  Every night, the dream would come back.  I tried to ignore it, but it just keeps replaying in my head.  I..."

"It's the day you got detention with me right?" he shrugged, beginning to pace "you accused me of coming to check on you in the hospital... I didn't even try to deny it."

"That's the dream... and it's not much.  It's just a stupid detention, we're talking.  You got after me for trying to listen to my ipod  and for saying crap because it was a 'swear word'" I rambled on "and it shouldn't mean anything, it doesn't mean anything..."

"But it does... it feels like more than just a stupid conversation" he offered "I started having the dreams when My alpha power was stolen from me.  I pushed it down, thought it'd be easier to just ignore it... but if you're having the dream too."

"Then it has to mean something" I finally whispered, then shook my head "this was stupid, I'm just gonna go."  I turned around but was stopped as he grabbed my wrist.

"It hasn't felt right" he blurted "ever since day one out of that hospital... something hasn't felt right and my mind couldn't help but wander back to that dream.  You can't tell me that you don't feel it too."

"What are we supposed to do with that" I finally turned back toward him, his hand still gently grasped around my wrist "you've tormented me and my friends.  You've killed people!"

"You've killed people too!" he snapped.  That struck me in the heart as I slowly pulled my wrist from his grip, biting my lip in uncertainty.

"They're dreams Peter, dreams." I stated firmly "nothing more and they will go away eventually.  Dreams don't mean anything."  And then he kissed me.  I couldn't help the way my hands took fistfuls of his shirt... or the way it felt so right when his arms wound around my waist.  The way my heart beat sped up and small moan formed at the back of my throat, before he pulled away.

"You can't tell me that's just a dream.. that it doesn't matter" I growled before spinning on his heels and walking away.  I took a step after him, my lips starting to form his name, but stopped.  I just watched him walk away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so here's another chapter of Respecting Mr. Hale.  I know this chapter was pretty short, but I promise the next one will be longer.  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and update again very soon!  Thank you so very much for reading, you guys are awesome.  ^_^