Chapter 29

{PETER'S POV}

"Of course, you oracles and your do gooder ways" I rolled my eyes sarcastically, even though I really was greatful for what she'd done after everything "And Stiles wouldn't have been that bad.  Nobody could ever be as bad as Corren."

"I suppose" she shrugged "You see, I live all of the realities... and I believe that everyone can remember bits and pieces of every reality if they really try... All the memories merging together in my mind... I guess I've decided to latch onto one I believe in more... one truly more dark than the coming of a new vampire."

"Uh, Excuse me?" I asked, caught off guard.

"You could be great.. be so powerful" she offered, loudly, throwing her hands up "and you gave it all up for some stupid teenager."

"I'm sorry, you're losing me" I offered, put off a bit by all her spewing of crazy rambling.

"Anger, sadness, vengeful" she whispered "you were in quite a dark spot before that kid came along.... quite the beautiful making for the perfect evil."

"Okay lady" I began to step away from her.  Everything she was saying was starting to bring back memories.  Lesson's that my mother had taught me and my siblings about the supernatural world... about oracles.

"You could be great Peter" she whispered "I didn't send you that capsule to save humanity from a stupid newborn vampire."

"Oracles can be great, they help keep the balance" my mom had said "but sometimes the realities take a toll on them.  Blurs the lines in their head between right and wrong.  They are supposed to help balance the perfect reality... but sometimes they turn to create the worst."

"I gave you the capsule to bring about the turn of perfect evil" she offered

"And once they want something... it's almost impossible to stop them."

"I just have to make sure that you never meet Stiles... not until you snap" she grinned and it all fell into place in my mind as she began to raise up a hand "make sure you can't function on your own after that fire."

"NO!" I screamed as she threw down the capsule and everything went to black.

***

{DEREK'S POV}

I stood at the foot of an old oak deep in the forest behind the charred house.  The hind quarters of a black wolf at my feet.  The shovel, solid in my hands, was the only think grounding me to sanity.

It had been a few years since the fire, and yet I still couldn't deal with the guilt.  My family dead, my girlfriend being the one behind it.  It was all my fault.

The only person left, the only family still left in Beacon Hills is a human vegetable.  Though I'm sure if he could talk, he wouldn't be my biggest fan either.... even if he was my closest friend before the fire.  My Uncle... Uncle Peter.

"I'm sorry Laura, I'm so sorry" I whispered, crouching to run a hand over the fur of my sisters limp body.  The killer... the new alpha here to torment me, had left the bottom half of her body in my back yard.  It wasn't a coincidence.  It was a message... and a clear one at that.  The alpha was here, and he was going to make some noise.

***

{STILES' POV}

Scott: Hey look at the bright side, at least he can't really kill you seeing as how your his son.  All he can really do is torture you for weeks on end with subtle stares of disappointment.

I let out a dry laugh at Scott's text.  Of course he would think this is funny, the jerk.  It was my third detention this month for class tardies.  My dad was so going to kill me.  It was at that moment that the oh so familiar sheriff car pulled to the curb of the school.

I slowly stood from my seat on the steps of the school, and scooped up my bag from the step.  I couldn't help but notice the upset look on my father's face.  I guess Scott was right about the torturing me with looks of disappointment part of his text.  I let out a sigh as I slowly began the walk to my undeniable lecture on the importance of school.

"Stiles-" My dad started as I stepped in the car, but I cut him off holding up a hand.

"I know, I get it okay" I sighed "I'll try to do better."

"You said the same thing after the first detention Stiles... and the second" he pointed out "I'd just like to know when you're actually going to mean it."

"I'm sorry, I'm really going to try this time" I offered desperately.  I hated disappointing my dad.  There was a short silence as he took a turn with the cruiser.

"I hate fighting with you Stiles..." he sighed "your mother was always so much better and inspiring you to do well in school.  Without her I feel like I'm grabbing at straws that aren't there with your discipline."  I pursed my lips before I placed a hand on the dash board.

"I'm going to try harder this semester Dad... I promise" I offered.  He seemed about to say something when white noise began playing from the radio, then a voice.

"Sheriff Stilinski?  Come in Sheriff Stilinski" the voice commanded "This is deputy Fuller."  My dad easily grabbed the mic, keeping his eyes glued to the road.

"This is Stilinski" he offered, taking another turn smoothly.

"There's been a body found sir" the voice responded.  I perked up immediately and dad looked at me out of the corner of his eyes, a look that said stay out of it.

"Okay, I'll be down to the station as soon as I can" he offered seeing as how we were almost home, I knew he was going to drop me off.  He didn't like me getting involved in police cases.

"But Sheriff, there's something else" the radio guy offered.

"What is it Fuller?" My dad quizzed.

"It was only half the body"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so there is another chapter of Respecting Mr. Hale.  Thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoyed.  I'll try and update again really soon!  ^_^