Lost and Found (SJ)

Single parent fem!reader x single parent Scarlett.

Slight angst, but mostly fluff!

Word count: 2.1k

A/N: If enough people enjoy and ask for it, I may do a part 2, so let me know what you think!

Here you were, walking through the park on a beautiful Sunday afternoon because your daughter practically begged you to let her go play on the swings and who were you to deny an excitable 7-year-old? You're not a monster! "Now baby, Mummy is going...

Here you were, walking through the park on a beautiful Sunday afternoon because your daughter practically begged you to let her go play on the swings and who were you to deny an excitable 7-year-old? You're not a monster! "Now baby, Mummy is going to sit down on this bench here, where I can see you perfectly. Stay on the playground and don't run off. If you want to go somewhere, come to me and we'll go together so I don't lose you, okay?" "Yes Momma, can I go play now? Pretty please?" she begged with an adorable pout and puppy dog eyes, which you could never refuse, so you sent her on her way.

Sitting down on the bench, you got your latest read out of your bag to occupy your mind whilst your daughter played. Every so often, you'd take your eyes off the page in order to check on her, but you knew she was okay as you could hear her cute little giggle when she slid down the slide. After a while though, you thought it was strange that you hadn't heard her giggles for a while, so you put your book down to see how she was doing. However, when you took your eyes off the book, you couldn't see her anywhere on the playground or in the surrounding area.

You frantically gathered your belongings and screamed for your daughter. "Alia? Alia where are you?" you searched every inch of the playground, looking down the slides and checking all the crawl spaces, but nothing. You couldn't find her anywhere. Every minute you couldn't find her had you increasingly worried as it would be getting dark shortly and Alia was incredibly scared of the dark.

Crouching down against a rather large tree, you leaned your head back against the trunk to compose yourself, the last thing you needed was to panic, because that wouldn't do anyone any favours. Around 5 minutes later, you decided to resume the search for your child, so you dusted yourself off and called for her. When you passed people in the park, you asked if anyone had seen her, but unfortunately no one had. How hard could it be to spot a small girl with incredibly distinctively ginger hair and bright green eyes?!

Giggles broke you out of your thoughts, giggles that you immediately recognised as belonging to your daughter. Turning your head so fast you nearly got whiplash, you saw your daughter sat with another little girl, a blonde that was probably around the same age, perhaps a little older, and you ran. You ran faster than Usain Bolt, utterly desperate to reach your baby who had disappeared about half an hour previous.

"Natalia!" "Mummy, mummy!!" "Oh, darling where were you?! I told you not to go anywhere without finding me first! Don't do that again baby, you really scared me." You grabbed her in relief whilst lightly scolding her for disobeying your clear instructions, she countered with that adorable pout, "but mummy, I saw a flutterby! It was really pretty, and I wanted to see it again, so I followed it, and I met Rose and her Mama. I'm sorry for running away mommy." 'Rose must be the little girl that she was playing with' you thought. "I think you mean a butterfly my little troublemaker, and where is Rose's mum now baby?" "She's on the bench over there, she's the blonde lady on her phone." Gently grabbing her tiny hand in yours, you made your way over to the blonde lady to express your gratitude to her for looking after the little runaway. As soon as she looked up at you, you froze. Staring back at you was the most beautiful woman in the world. Hollywood royalty, Scarlett Johansson. The summer sun shone beautifully against her pale skin and blonde hair, making it look like gold created by the gods and complimented by the finest emeralds that were those beautiful green eyes. Needless to say, you were starstruck, but you realised that in this moment, she was a parent first and not the award-winning actress that frequently graced your screen, so you averted your eyes from the woman.