Date

Sophia is now 17 while their son Danny is 14. Tonight, a guy asked Sophia out and Drew is livid.

"How can someone take interest in my daughter? You better not do anything." Drew said to the world, then the next part to Sophia.

"Honey, she's growing up and what they do is none of our business. Plus I met him before and he is such a gentleman" Jess said, calming Drew down.

"I want a talk with him when he gets here." Drew said, folding his arms across his chest.

Sophia sighed. "Dad, I'm 17. I think I can manage one night with a guy, and it's not like I'm staying over his house."

"I know, I just don't like seeing my little baby grow up." Drew said, pulling her into a hug.

"Will you be like this for me dad?" Danny asked

"No"

Danny fakes a gasp. "Don't worry, that's my job. You're not off the hook" Jess said.

Soon there was a knock on the door and before anyone could move, Drew went to open the door.

"Hello..." Drew pauses and looks behind him asking for his name as they mouth Vincent. "Vincent." Drew continued and brought him inside.

"These are for Sophia." Vincent said, holding up flowers for Sophia looking down shyly. Sophia thanks him and goes to put the flowers in a vase. While she is gone Drew glass at him.

"What exactly are your intentions with my daughter?" Drew said, causing Jess to groan and send Danny up to his room.

"Just to take her on a date sir." Vincent says

"Where are you taking her?"

"A restaurant sir."

"How long will this date be?"

"No more than three hours. After that we are going for ice cream sir."

"Stop calling me sir."

"Okay"

Having enough of the interrogation Jess stepped in.

"Hi Vincent, don't mind him taking as long as the date takes but have her back by a reasonable time. That's all we ask." Jess said

"Does she have a curfew I need to know about?" Vincent asked.

"8:30 sharp." Drew siad, Jess rolling her eyes.

"It can be 11, he's being dramatic."

Soon enough Sophia comes back just in time and the two leave for the date. Once the door closes Jess whips her head around and hits Drew in the shoulder.

"What was that! I thought you said you would go easy on him." Jess said.

"It was easy." Drew shrugged.

"If he takes her out on another date you better not be like this again." Jess said, walking away.

"If I can have my way, my baby will not be going on any more dates till she's at least 30."

"Drew, listen. I know you love Sophia but you have to let her be a teenager and have fun once in a while and that includes going on dates." Jess said, walking back wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I just don't want her to forget about us." Drew said sadly.

"She's not going to forget about us, don't worry. Was that the only reason you didn't want her going out tonight?"

Drew nods his head and Jess laughs, giving him a kiss.

"Let's go, we need to make dinner." Jess said

"If Sophia and Vincent start dating and move out can I have her room?" Danny asked out of nowhere while eating dinner.

Drew almost spits out his food. "Hold your horse's buddy."

"But can I?"

"What am I going to do with you."

hey y'all

i have nothing to say other than keep an eye out for the sequel

make sure you eat
drink water
and you are beautiful cuz i said so

peace out