7. like there was no end

Percy's POV:

The bell rang on Friday, I bid the guys farewell, letting them know I'd be back Sunday night. I wasn't going to pack anything as I had clothes to wear at camp. So I headed for trees, full sprint as I whistled out for Blackjack.

I found him behind a large rock, by a stream which he drank from. At the sound of my footsteps his head shot up.
What's up boss?

"Not much, just school." I said.

Meet anyone special? Did you bring any donuts!

He only cared about the donuts, really.

"No, I made friends. Annebeth is my special remember? And no donuts, but you can have extra hay and apples when we get to camp."

The horse perked up, then what we waiting for let's go!

He bent low on his front legs so I could climb on his back. I fisted a part of his mane to hold as blackjack thumped his wings, pushing us skyward. Thanks to blackjack, getting to camp only took a few hours, so I was there before dinner.

I thanked him quickly, promising to drop by the stables later and rushed to the dining pavilion. Annebeth had seen me fly down and was already running out to meet me. We met in the middle, I wrapped my arms around her waist and spun her round, we laughed  before she shoved me to the ground.

"You took ages to get here! What happened to four thirty?" She scowled.

I coughed, "I lied?"

She shoved me again.

"I didn't know it would take me so long to get here! Gods, I'm sorry!" I groaned.

Stupidly, she hadn't pinned my arms, so, I shoved her off and jumped up. Dancing out of reach as she chased after me. I giggled as she made a grab for me but I skirted away from her hand.

"Percy, stop!" She shouted, lunging again.

I cackled, "miss me, miss me! Now you gotta ..."

"Now I've gotta what?" She was smirking now, "Finish that sentence Percy."

"You know how it ends!"

I halted for a second and she used it to her advantage, latching onto my wrist and flipping me over her shoulder. Some weird manoeuvre.

"Ow! What was that?"

"Just a trick I learnt." She stood back up and held a hand out, look very smug. "You'll be fine."

I took her hand and she pulled me up, giving me a quick kiss before heading back to where other campers were laughing on the ground like a pack of hyenas.

The stolls shook my hands enthusiastically, still doubled over laughing. I rolled my eyes and moved on.

The camp was fuller since the Gods made there promise, so more new faces had entered the camp. I nodded to Clarisse who wore who usual glare, but it wasn't as sharp since her focus was on Chris holding her hand.

The tables were packed, groups of campers on each table except for the big three, Hera's and Artemis'. I sat on my own watching Annebeth go back to her siblings with a small glance to me.

After dinner, Annebeth and I went for a stroll under the sunset by the beach, watching the waves softly hit the shore and roll back out.  The next day was chaotic, played capture the flag and helped Chiron teach some new Half-bloods how to fight with weapons, but I got kicked out of teaching Archery by Will Solace.

I also knowticed that the Gods had kept to their word about another promise, claiming their children. That was mostly done when new campers first got to the camp, so the Hermes cabin had never be so empty.

Saturday night came with the date I had planned for Annebeth. It was perfect, a little pic nic under the stars.

As the moon reached the middle of the sky, we new the harpies would be out soon, Chiron time limit only went to a certain extent. So we strolled back to the cabins, hand in hand, stopping by cabin number three first.

"I'll see you in the morning wisegirl."

She smirked, "don't sleep in again."

"I never do."

"You slept in til lunch the other day."

"That was one time. I was tired!" I argued, grinning the whole time.

She laughed, "whatever you say seaweed brain, goodnight."

"Goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite." I called as she walked away.

I entered my cabin and got changed before practically diving into my bed where I was ready to drown in its warmth.

Then I slept,

and slept

and slept

and slept.

Like there was no end.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Annebeths POV:

Percy did not listen to me, he slept in for ages. It was after lunch when I decided to finally check on him, so I walked to his blue beach cabin.

I didn't knock, just strolled in.

And Percy's bed was empty.

I didn't panick at first, checking the dining pavilion and sword Arena before I started asking campers if they had seen him. Only to hear a confused no in reply. When no one had seen him, I went to the camp leader and Director. Mr.D didn't seem to care, saying that Percy probably went to the lake.

Chiron asked the harpies if they had seen him leave during the night. They hadn't.

I iris messaged him, no answer. Prayed to the Gods, no answer. I asked everyone, his family, the hunters, nico, I called Grover to know if Percy had returned.

But Percy wouldn't have left without saying goodbye, without trying to stay until it was to late to leave.

Unless something had happened.

And so, search parties were made, Tyson and Mrs O'Leary banded togethor. So much searching. I didn't stop, counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds that he was gone, waiting desperately for his return. And so much searching,  never stopping, searching,

And searching

and searching

and searching,

And three days later, a blonde boy, a kid with fire power and daughter of Aphrodite came into the story, creating an unexpected plot twist.

And a plan was made.

And a prophecy was in the working.

And Gaia was rising.

And eight months passed.

And I was falling, with the love of my life in my arms.

Falling

and falling

and falling.

Like there was no end.