31. Death Is Death

Percy's POV:

I smirked, enjoying just a little to much how my presence infuriated the God.

"Perseus Jackson," Zeus sneered my name like it was a curse. "I should have known."

"You don't tend to know very much so it's not as surprising as you make it sound." I said, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"What do you want child." Hera cut in before her husband could reply.

"We had a deal." Was all I said, forcing my self to ignore the word 'child'. I strutted forwards a few steps before taking riptide out of my pocket to fiddle with.

"You made many deals with the Gods. Which one?" Artemis asked.

I looked to Athena, Godess of wisdom and military victory.

"The one after his second war," as it was probably her millionth one, "about his future with my daughter Annebeth."

"Yeah, I don't remember that one." Apollo noted, scratching his chin.

"You wouldn't Lester." Artemis said, rolling her eyes again.

"Hey!"

"The deal was that we would be free of monsters and anything greek related while we finished school and graduated." I said, my fingers itching to flick off riptides lid.

"So?" Aphrodite remarked.

"Ask me why I'm the only one here."

"Why are you here?" Hermes asked, looking far too interested for my liking. They all considered this as a game.

"Because Annebeth Chase is dead." The words were knives, cutting my lips on their way out.

None of them cared, a few made pitiful faces, some scoffed and some just shrugged like, oh well, there goes another one.

"She's dead," I continued, angrier now, "because of Lamia."

A light bulb flashed in Apollo's eyes, he understood. "We promised on the river Styx, and broke the promise." Again.

"Annebeth doesn't deserve to be dead, not because of this. So you have to bring her back."

Hades stiffed, "we can't do that, I can't do that perseus."

"It's just Percy." I snapped, "and you can do it."

"Not if she doesn't want to be brought back." Hestia said, speaking for the first time since I'd arrived.

She was in her nine year-olds body at the foot of Hades thrown looking determined as she moved forward to me.

"What do you mean?" I muttered, not sure if she heard me I said it again but louder, "what do you mean?"

Hestia didn't speak again until she was only several steps away, "Annebeth doesn't want to, she has made her peace with the underworld and plans to be reborn."

My lower lip trembled and I took a step back, suddenly needing more air to breathe in. "But she could live as she was, with me ... and camp half-blood."

"Why would she want to live again for you and the camp all her siblings died in." Dionysus piped up, "when she could move on."

"What would you know, you hated that camp? You can't even remember anyone's names, not even the girl your talking about now." I snapped.

Hestia grabbed onto my hands quickly, "let me show you."

The room twisted around me and the two of us were dragged down and down and down into darkness.