35. Half an Apple

Scott's POV:

Percy is ... well, he's something. That much is for sure.

He's a bit crazy at the moment, staring into space randomly and talking to Annebeth like she's right next to him. I don't think I've seen him eat anything since he arrived, which explains how skinny he's getting and the fact he keeps buckling at the knees randomly, falling asleep for a few seconds before jolting awake again.

"Maybe we should drug him, that counts as food right?" Stiles said, after Percy falls while walking to a chair. "It'll get him to sleep too."

I just grunted in response, taking a sip from my coffee. I didn't know what to think of Percy in the moment, he's scary. Which makes sense, him being a demigod.

We had a plan aswell for this Lamia person, we were going to lure her in, using Percy as bait then just —kill her.

Or Percy will. Everytime we mention doing it or even just helping to do, he goes off like a bomb. Shouting and drawing out his sword to point at us, threats —that don't seem very empty— and warnings spilling from his mouth.

We haven't told anyone that he's living in Derek's apartment, other then Lydia and derek, and can only hope no one asks why they're spending so much time there.

"Any sign of Lamia?" Stiles asks when we enter through the doors, just getting back from school.

We'd asked this same question often since Percy had warned that us being mortals might mean we can't see her.

The answer had always been a no, which is what we were expecting now but—

"Yes." Percy confessed, looking up with dead eyes. "Uh, felt more then saw, but it was definetly her. She was here, I know it."

I must of looked skeptical because he took one look at my face and added, "Plus, Annebeth told me."

I rolled my jaw, unsure how to answer. Though Peter, who had been here all day, obviously had no such qualms.

"Annebeth is dead, Percy. Please stop telling yourself otherwise." He said, making sure to keep steady eye contact with the human bomb as he said it.

Percy grumbled something, turning away.

Lydia frowned, looking to the air around Percy, "he's not lieing guys. There's this are around him and it feels disturbed. And don't say it's your godly aura," she snapped at Percy, seeing his confusion. "It's different."

"You sure it's not the anti-deodorant thing he's got going on?" Stiles asked, waving a hand infront of his face.

Percy narrows his eyes, "I had a shower this morning, you've got a blocked nose."

Stiles sniffs very loudly, "do not."

I was so done with all of this, I'd done a maths test today and my brain just wasn't working.

"Doesn't matter." I cut in, "what are we going to do about it?"

Peter laughed, "nothing. There isn't anything you can do. We don't even know if Percy is telling the truth about being a demigod—"

Water splashes into peters face, drenching him in seconds.

"Is that proof enough or should I carry you down to hell and throw you into the pit?" Percy growls, resting his head onto his arms.

"What pit?" Peter snapped, throwing his hands up.

"Tartarus." Lydia murmurs beside me. "The place Percy was in my dreams."

"Dreaming about me, do tell." Percy calls.

"Well, uh, I was seeing everything Annebeth saw and you were ... you—" Percy's head shot up, eyes wide when he heard the fear in her voice. "You were fighting this monster of a girl, drowning her in this green liquid."

"Stop." Percy said suddenly. His eyes dead again, the blues dark like the ocean beneath a storm.

Lydia swallowed, but stopped speaking about it aswell.

The air was thick, and I shuffled where I stood, looking between everyone. "Soo... what do we do about it now? Cause I would like something, all we're doing is hitting brick walls and sitting around."

"We wait, she'll come. I know it." Percy decided. "I know it's not easy to wait for shit to come to you, I've never liked it. But for this, I'm willing to be patient. So we will be."

"Alright. Fine." I said, breathing slowly.

"That means you can sleep while we wait, and eat something." Stiles suggested, grabbing an apple and placing it beside percys head.

"Dunno what your talking about." Percy said.

"Then eat anyway." Stiles nudged his shoulder, "you need the strength, if you want to live long enough to kill Lamia."

Thankfully, Percy eats the apple.

Spits out like half of it at Peter, but still, the other half is eaten. So it's enough.

—-------------------------
stiles POV:
We —me and Lydia— ended up outside on the balcony, watching the bustling city.

Doesn't matter how we got there, maybe I followed her out, maybe I didn't. We'll never know.

I draped an arm around her waist and she leaned into my side. It was a comfortable silence, both of us empty of words to say and I didn't plan on breaking the silence anytime soon.

It was calming.

Then it was silent cause we were busy.

She'd turned to me, her arms wrapped around my neck, fingers lazily carding through my hair as we kissed. I smiled against her lips, and she pulled away to look me in the eyes.

"You alright? You seem happy."

"Is that so wrong? I'm with you, why wouldn't I be happy?" I murmured, leaning forwards slightly.

Lydia giggled, bringing her hands around to the base of my neck, lifting her chin up higher with a devious look in her eyes.

"The windows are made of glass dimwits!" Came Derek's muffled yell, and I turned to see everyone laughing inside, even Percy had broken out into a grin.

Lydia only kissed me again, dragging a manicured hand down to mine and giving a little squeeze before turning to walk back inside. I couldn't help but sigh, feeling all too smug about getting the girl I'd pinned after for so many years.

"You coming?" Lydia asked, looking at me from the door.

I nodded, rushing to get through before she shut it, my face hot when I found everyone still watching us.

Scott pat my shoulder lightly, saying something about idiots.

I grinned, feeling giddy.