8. remember?

Stiles POV:

Percy never came on the Sunday night, we didn't mind thinking he just couldn't make it. Then he never came on Monday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday.

On Thursday we went to his apartment to find it abandoned. Blue lemonades sat on the counter and chewed cans were scattered on the floor. Dust had already settled on every surface and the flowers on the windowsill were dead, uncared for.

We couldn't even call him to check if he was ok, if something had happened or if he had moved away.

We called several New York numbers with the name's Sally and Paul. None of them answered except one, a lady called Sally Jackson. She had told us he wasn't going to be back for a while, no need to worry.

But the odd thing was, the first thing she had asked was if we were Percy.

Millions of questions had been squished into my mind and onto a race course, racing around as I tried to figure things out. A few weeks later, a picture of a Percy had been on the news, reporting him missing since the Sunday morning.

I'd watched as my Father was sent files about Percy, sending out his own searching parties around the area, just in case. But after a few months, he'd been labelled as dead in big bold red letters on the screen.

Such ugly and brutal that one word could be. It could flip your whole world over when you weren't ready for it.

It didn't hurt me as much as I thought it would, to know he was gone. I'd been given such little time with him, barely noticed that he was gone until I was reminded.

We even set up a little memorial for him in his old locker. It lasted the rest of the year before it was cleaned out and given to a new student.

It had been more then a year since I knew him. I'd made new friends, gone through terrible things, lost people and killed at some times. Scott and I were in our final year of school, in a new pack.

And I could only imagine what Percy had gone through in his final moments. But I'd forgotten about him in the end.

Until now.

When I spotted a boy my age, with jet black hair, and sea green eyes.

I knew it wasn't him, but it looked just like he would if he'd gotten the chance to live for another year or two.

I gulped my breakfast back down as I moved past him to take my seat behind Lydia. Scott was already waiting, in the seat beside me.

"He looks just like him, doesn't he?" Scott whispered, his voice strained.

I looked at the back of the guys head, he wore a large blue hoodie with the hood up. "Yeah, he does."

Lydia bit her lip, "you know, I forgot about Percy after a while. I mean, we only knew him for one week, then he was just ... gone."

I bowed my head, "me too."

"I wonder what happened to him." Scott said, a frown displayed on his face.

"What happened to who?" Malia asked, taking a seat next to Lydia.

I continued staring at the back of his head, "there was a kid, who moved to this school for a week. Then went to visit some friends and never came back."

Lydia added, "he was reported dead on the news after a few months."

"What was he like?" Malia said.

Making me feel a lot worse.

"We didn't know him that well. Only got to see him joke about a few times." I said.

"The first day we met he got in a fight with the teacher. Not sure what it was about anymore either-"

"Mrs Allen." Lydia cut in.

I looked at her weirdly, "no, Mrs Melton. Anyway there was this big explosion, the whole class was covered in this red goopy stuff. We did lacrosse and he caught all off the goals, except the first one."

Scott said, "remember how he was always dry. Never wet, not even his shoes, it was so weird."

"Yeah. Oh, and he was an excellent swimmer. We joked that he was half fish. He was pretty funny, always sarcastic and making jokes."

"And always sleeping or not paying attention. He had ADHD and Dyslexia which did not help his case at all." Lydia added.

Scott laughed "Yeah, I remember that. Mr Bretlan helped Jackson stack all these random objects on his head."

"Remember that beaded necklace he wore?" I asked, "he never took it off, even wore it in the pool."

"It was so weird, all the beads were different, and made of clay. Maybe he went to a summer camp, they do those things." Lydia suggested.

Malia seemed confused, "you guys seem to know alot about him."

"And yet so little." I concured and Lydia and Scott nodded in agreement.

Coach blew his whistle, waiting several moments afterwards before speaking again. "Shut up and listen, we're in class. Except you Greenbird, feel free to leave." He strutted to the front of the room, stopping at the new kids desk. "And you are?"

"Percy Jackson," the guys, Percy, voice was low, sounding tired.

"New kid eh?"

"In a way. I came here a few years ago for a week before I left." He said.

"Why'd you leave then?" Coach said.

"I didn't really get a choice."

"Oh... uh, good for you. Take off your hood too... Anyway," he went back to his desk, "let's begin."

Percy flipped his hood back and my breath hitched, in the midst of all the black was a streak of grey.

The class rolled into working as one, answering the rapid fire questions Coach shouted out. I counted down the minutes til class ended, only to find Percy wasn't in my next class.

Time seemed to slow down as I waited, very patiently too, for break. Each tick felt like an earthquake, and my heart thrummed in my ears.

30 seconds.

The only sounds I could hear were the scratchings of pens and pencils against paper.

23 seconds.

My leg bounced up and down, trying to focus on the questions.

18 seconds.

I scribbled down a few answers in dainty writing.

12 seconds.

I stretched my neck, looking at the teacher who was writing on her own sheet of paper.

8 seconds.

Malia banged her head on the table beside me.

5 seconds.

4 seconds.

Come on, hurry up!

2 seconds.

1 second.

The bell sounded in the hall, the noise travelling through the corridors and into this room. I jumped to my feet, racing to drop the paper on the desk.

Scott was leaving his class next to mine, and togethor we rushed off to the cafeteria. In there we spotted Percy, holding a packet of blue biscuits, his hand intwined with a blond girls.

We stepped up beside them, "Hey, wanna come sit with us?"

Percy looked at me then at the girl then back to me, "Yeah sure."

We took them to a more secluded table in the corner of the yard, deciding not to overwhelm them with people.

Annebeth smiled softly, "hi, I'm annebeth chase."

Scott tucked in his lips in a sort of half smile, "Scott mcall."

I nodded, "I'm Stiles Stilinski."

Annebeth waved a hand at Percy, "this seaweed brain here, is Percy Jackson. My boyfriend." She looked at him and her brow creased in worry, "perce, you alright?"

Percy ignored her, looking at me, "I'm sorry I forgot you."

"But you remember us now?"