16. observant

Stiles POV:

Several packs from across the country have come to Beacon Hills, normally to meet/kill the newest Alpha. This time, they didn't go after Scott, we sound them barging through the trees past school and Scott went after them in a heart beat.

I'd dragged Liam to my Jeep, Scott would be fine on his own for a bit. We drove onto a dirt road through the trees, the broken lights flickering infront of me as our only light source.

Liam pointed through a thicket of trees, using his wolf eyes, "in there!"

"I can't drive through that," I noted, turning the wheel hard before leaving it in park. I pushed the door open and jumped out, landing badly on one foot and pushing off on my other one to start running through the trees.

Branches tore at my exposed arms, scratching my skin but I pushed on, listening to the sounds of howls. Liam passed me, running like a werewolf would.

After several long agonising moments of silence, the distant roars braking of, did we break into a clearing.

A small back of werewolves, mostly with blue eyes were, were circling around Scott and two other people carrying baseball bats. The alpha snarled at Scott, "get away, we're not here for you."

The guy next to scott—Percy snarled a wolf like sound back, swing his metal bat at the closest wolf. Scott answered, "these are humans, leave them."

A beta barked a laugh, "humans? No, I don't think so. Beacons of death these two are, I can smell it all over them."

"We kill them now, free this town from these things." Another one said.

Annebeth said, "we're human, not beacons of death," she said it confidently but her voice still wavered.

The alpha tipped his head, "no, you lie," and lunged forward at Percy. He shoved him into the ground, biting into his shoulder and ripping out a chunck of his flesh. Annebeth made no sound as she brought down her knife, slicing through the alpha's right shoulder blade.

Chaos insued, wolves attacking and I joined in with my own bat. It didn't last long, snapping over one guys head.

Percy was infront of me in seconds, holding a fucking sword, which he drove through the wolves gut. The beta cried out, falling to his knees with his hands over the gushing wound.

The alpha roared, calling out, "Fall back, let's go."

Two wolves picked up their pack mate and carried him off, growling at Percy quietly. I blinked rapidly, before letting out a heavy sigh, "what the hell."

Annebeth came over and inspected Percy's wound, "Yeah, what the Hades. Let's get you home, get it healed quick."

Scott put a hand out, "wait! No, we can heal it. We know someone who can help."

"No thanks, we can do it ourselves, I'm sure." Annebeth said, picking up a fallen bag before dragging Percy out of the clearing.

I looked to Scott, "so ... what now?"

"Will we follow them? Should we, I can go?" Liam asked.

"No, we'll find out tomorrow. Ask to see if it healed or not. But, a bit like that? Not sure if he'll survive." Scott shrugged helplessly, "let's just get home and go to bed. We can call the others and let them know what happened on the way."

Scott nodded, staring down at claw marks on his arm that were slowly knitting back togethor, "Where's the Jeep?"

Liam pointed behind us, "a little way in that direction."