29. Athena

Scott's POV:

I have a small experience (very large actually) when it comes to dealing with supernatural creatures, so after warning Stile's dad about what Percy could do, he asked me to come with him when they shared ... what happened.

We had to wait in the main office part where Percy would leave, Stiles —who said he just had to be here— was sitting at a random officer's desk like it was his own. While Mr Stilinski brought out Percy.

My back stiffened as we watched Percy walking down the hallway, accompanied by several deputies, he looked like he'd eaten a buckets worth of sugar, practically vibrating with built-up energy.

Guilt washed through me as I readied for the moment where his smile would drop, tears to stream down his face and for him to be on his knees from the pain of knowing that she was gone.

I'd felt that feeling, and if he wanted, I'd be there for him because I knew he was about to have the world ripped out from under him.

Percy didn't scowl or glare at me when he entered the bustling room, "you guys my escort out of here too?"

Stiles looked down at his feet, his shoulders drooping as he chewed on his lip.

Percy picked up that something was wrong immediently. His jaw clenched as he looked to Stile's father, "what happened?" He didn't look like he cared, even now, his smirk remained.

"Why don't you take a seat first? Stiles, up." Stilinski ordered, nudging his son out of the seat.

Percy sat down, "don't try to beat around the bush, alright. Just tell me and get it over with."

His leg bounced up and down and his fingers twisted around each other.

"You were only allowed out of custody when another murder had taken event." He said in a stiff voice, his face showing no emotion.

"Dad." Stiles cut in, "just tell him, like he asked."

The sheriff frowned, "this is not something to rush son." He looked back to the boy infront of him, "Annebeth Chase has been murdered."

We let the information sink in and take a firm hold of Percy's heart, letting him be the one to speak first.

Percy hadn't moved a muscle yet, his hands had stop twisting and his knee had stopped bouncing up and down. He just stared blankly at the sheriff.

"When." He said finally, his voice strained.

"We found her body yesterday afternoon. Our, uh, doctor believes she was killed hours before that, a day at most." Parrish informed him.

"Your doctor." Percy repeated.

"Yeah."

"Is he one of those people who open people up and look inside them for the cause of death?"

There was panick in the tone of his voice now.

"Yes, he is. It is necessary, completely legal and a way to find the murderer. Or hint us something about the murder."

"Stop saying murderer please." Stiles gulped, taking a swig from his plastic water bottle.

Stilinski ignored him.

He stayed focused on Percy, his eyes almost drilling into him.

Percy looked angry.

He looked Murderous.

"An autopsy." Not a question.

"Yes."

"Did you get permission?" Percy said it like he knew the answer. He probably did.