34. demigod

Percy's POV:

I've gone crazy. Insane. Nonsensical.

All three and any other words you can think of because they're all true.

"How are you even here?" I ask, glancing sideways at Annebeth.

We were in the car, driving on a wide empty rode through the rain to Beacon Hills. Annebeth, the one I'd seen behind Frederick Chase was in the passenger seat with a bemused expression on her face.

"I'm not really here." She said.

"Ok. Ok. What?"

"I'm a hallucination. Your hallucination. Since you haven't slept in weeks, this is the consequence."

I huffed, "That's because I haven't been tired."

"So your in full control of your powers right?" Annebeth asked, though she sounded like she already knew the answer.

"Yes." I snapped.

"It's not you causing the rain outside?"

My voice sounded uncertain even to me, "no."

Annebeth sighed, reached out a hand and turned on the radio.

I was very aware that the radio wasn't on, but I still bobbed my head to the sound of Taylor swift. It was calming, even if I was only the chorus repeating itself over and over again.

"Do you know the rest of the words?" I asked.

Annebeth said it like it was obvious —I suppose it was. "I only know what you know."

"That's great."

Through the rain I could only just make out the 'welcome to Beacon Hills' sign as we passed it. I was a wanted man in this town, like a most towns I've visited really, so I couldn't book a motel room or stop by at a friend's house. Even if I wanted too.

Luckily, I can breathe underwater.

The lake was mystical at night, the way the moon reflected off the water and mist shrouded the tree line around it.

I parked the car behind some bushes and added a little bit of demigod mist to hide it before diving for the water.

It was like taking a bite of ambrosia.

Absolutely amazing.

I swam around for hours and hours, somehow managing to see perfectly through all the murky-ness.

Which helped me see a dam finger sticking into the water.

At first I kind of stared at it, unsure what to do, it was hard to make out the owner of the finger above the surface but they looked familiar.

The finger retreated.

I rose further to the surface, almost high enough that my hair stuck out, causing several ripples.

The figures outside were talking, there voices confused and sad.

Oh. Wait—fuck.

I should of known.

A laugh bubbled from my lips and I willed the water to pull me under further until the pads of my shoes touched the muddy floor. It was harder to see now, so far under, but I could just make out as the four of them left the boat house.

"Our friends," annebeth guessed.

"I don't think we're friends, wise-girl," I said, "but maybe allies."

——————————————————

Stiles POV:

I'm shocked honestly, from the amount of audacity this guy has to stand infront of us at Scott's house. If someone finds us, they'll think we helped the guy kill the whole police station, or close to it anyway.

Percy was standing in the middle of Scott's bedroom, looking ... sick.

His hair lay flat and in tangles, bags gripped at his eyes, his skin was tight and his normal tan skin had paled severely. Even his eyes looked dull, same as the rain outside.

"Why are you here?" Scott asked at the same time I said, "How are you here?"

Percy grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck, "I drove here and I'm here because I need your help, to find the Lamia."

Help him? Help him?

I wasn't that against it. If he hadn't killed so many people, I would have already agreed.

"How do we know you won't kill us?"

"I never meant to kill those people but I was just out of prison, and had found out she had died. I wasn't thinking greatly. I'm not now either, but I won't kill you. I hate killing." Percy insisted.

"Okay, that's good." I looked to Scott, giving a look.

Scott didn't catch it, "we'll help you—"

"What!" I burst out.

"If you tell us what you are and who Lamia is." Scott finished, and suddenly I understood and agreed.

Percy sighed, "That's fair. Just not really sure I can tell you. I'm not allowed really."

"You do illegal things often, it shouldn't matter. Plus we're —I'm— not human anyway. So you should be allowed to tell us." Scotted offered.

Percy was silent, considering this before he said, "fine. I'm— I'm a demigod. A Greek one, son of poseidon."

"Lydia was right." I muttered.

"...And Lamia is a Greek monster, hunts and kills demigods. That's what all the kids dieing, was. They were children of the Gods. Annebeth was the daughter of Athena, but not a child so I don't really know what happened there." Percy stopped, "not important right now. I need your help to catch Lamia. And kill her."

"That's a lot—"

"That's nothing compared to the rest of it." Percy said, before turning to look at something, "you would know."

"Who would know?" I said, confused and trying to see what he was looking at.

Percy shook his, shaking away his thoughts, "nothing, no one. Will you help?"

Scott frowned, "didn't we already agree."

Percy looked to me, "Yeah, I agree too."

"Promise, on the river Styx."

"We promise to help you find and kill lamia on the river Styx?" Scott and I both replied, equally confused at the choice of words.

Percy smiled, bobbing his head as he sank to the floor and promptly passed out, looking like a sack of potatoes.

"We're going to regret this." I said.

Scott nodded, "definetly. I want to know more though, we need to get him to tell us about his past. Why he went missing last year."

I didn't answer staring at the tattoo imprinted on the demigods wrist, a trident.

I'd seen it before, on that random guys arm that told him about a hellhound. Which, really I should have noticed sooner in my opinion. It was a Greek, hellhound.

A/N honestly I'm writing too many stories on this app, someone needs to stop me because I never update this one anymore. Ill try to update more and focus on this story more.

- M