Ch1 |•| an unwarm welcome

Clara looked around nervously at her surroundings as she picked at her hangnails. She was told to wait at the café near the entrance but she had sat there for nearly an hour and no one had come for her. Anxiety clawed through the girl as she let out a frustrated sigh.

Perhaps they had forgotten about her? Or they just didn't want her. Tears built up in the girl's eyes as she bit her trembling lip. She looked down at her bleeding finger upset that now she has no hangnails to pick at.

She cursed herself in her mind before blinking her tears away. Surely they would come for her soon. They had to.

Right?

Another hour had passed and Clara grew more and more nervous. Maybe she was at the wrong place? She picked up her bag from beside her sore feet before beginning to wander around. She looked around hoping to see anyone who she might recognise or who might recognise her. Though that was a stupid idea considering she had no clue who her so called brother even were. She had never heard of them and couldn't even rember them. But now all of a sudden she was being shipped off to live with them?

The only thing she knew was to wait for a man in a suit. There were many men in suits.

The girls anxiety only heightened when a wave of people came out of a gate making the vast space fill up with bodies.

She immediately turned around and went back to the café. She'd simply stand there until someone came. Surely someone would come get her soon. They couldn't have actually forgotten her.

Unfortunately for the young girl her second oldest brother had. He had gone about his meetings and his day with the lingering feeling that he was forgetting something but he couldn't seem to place his finger on what.

What could he possibly be forgetting? He had attended all his meeting, done the grocery shopping, finished his paper work so what?

With a loud sigh he pulled his car into the driveway after finally finishing all of his work. The sun had now set as he exhaustedly trudged into the house. He finally reached the massive and heavy wooden door pushing it open with ease as he stepped into the house. Romeo wiped his shoes on the small carpet in the mud room before continuing into the main hallway. A surprised Romeo was met with the rest of his brothers waiting giddily, except Lorenzo and Ricardo, almost as if they were waiting for something.

"Did you miss me or something?" He asked tilting his head making his brothers faces fall.

"Where is she?" Emilio asked excitement seeping through his pores. He desperately missed his sister. Before it had all happened there was no doubt in him and Clara being the closets. As soon as she could crawl she'd follow him around all over the place. Walking him to the door when he left for school and waiting for his return by the door. He couldn't help but feel bad for all the time they had lost thanks to her.

"Where's who- HOLY SHIT I FORGOT HER!" Romeo said as he did a u turn rushing straight back into his car. Emilio followed after him wanting to go with him so someone could explain what had happened other than the idiot who forgot her.

Romeo's car had found itself out of the driveway and onto the road at a dangerous speed in less than two minutes as he broke multiple laws trying to get to the airport. How stupid could he have been? All he could think about was how sacred Clara would be in the dark all alone. She had been there for hours would they even find her?

Clara on the other hand was beginning to come to terms with her fate. She had been approached multiple times each time answering with the words. "I'm okay, my brother's are coming." She had said those words so many time within the past few hours she was starting to get scared that if she said it once more time her brain would go numb.