Ch 10 |•| I think I'm going to be sick

Lorenzo stared at the dead corpse in front of him with agitation written all over his face. He let out a groan as he massaged his temples trying to ease away the oncoming headache.

Walking back over to his desk he pressed the red button right by his pen holder calling his new assistant to his office. His last one was at the bottom of a lake somewhere. He sat himself down on his chair with a heavy sigh. Exhaustion weighed down on him like a brick house but he didn't have a moment to waste.

He had to make sure his family was safe.  Especially with their new addition. Thinking back to his younger sister a small smile took over his face but it fell as soon as three knocks sounded on his door.

"accedere," he said arranging the papers on his desk. A blonde girl sauntered in with flirtation written all over her face until her eyes landed on the dead body in front of her. "Get me a clean up team immediately." Lorenzo said not sparing her a second glance.

The girl stuck her hip out flipping her hair slightly trying to get his attention but Lorenzo kept his eyes trained on the files in front of him. "Is there a reason you're still standing there?" He asked not even looking up frustrating the girl who had taken extra time getting ready in the morning.

Clearing her throat Lorenzo finally looked up at her with an eyebrow raised. The girl gave him a flirty smile making him tilt his head at her. "I'm giving you three seconds to get the fuck out of my office and do what I told you to do before I put a bullet through your skull." He seethed as his tone went deadly cutting off whatever the girl was about to say.

The girl paled in fear before giving Lorenzo a quick nod and running out of the room as if her ass was on fire. Rolling his eyes he focused his attention back on his files before his phone redirected his attention.

With a huff of breath he searched for it under his piles of files before eventually finding it wedged between two case files.

Raising an eyebrow at Emilio's name flashing across the screen he quickly swiped right putting the phone to his ear.

"Emilio?" He started. Concern began to rush through him as Emilio never called him. Taking a quick look at his watch he realised school would have just ended. Panic began to rise up his throat as his mind went straight to Clara. "Emilio what's wrong?" He said inciting a complete word vomit from Emilio.

"Ok ok wait slow down Ricardo did what?" Anger began to flood his veins as Emilio kept on talking. "He took the fucking keys?"

"I'll be there in five minutes. Put Clara on the phone." He said patting his pockets down in search for his keys. "Clara? Amore mio can you hear me?" He said softening his voice but all he got was a hoarse sob in return.

"Somethings wrong with her ribs." Emilio's voice came wafting through the speakers making Lorenzo's eyebrows scrunch up as he rushed out of his office.

"Her ribs?"

"Yeah she's clutching on to them."

"Ok Emilio I need you to calm down as well. Breathe fratello." He said sensing the panic rising in Emilio.

"I know, I know I'm sorry." He apologised.

"Don't apologise it's ok." Lorenzo said taking the stairs two at a time. The lift would've taken far too much time. In a matter of seconds he found himself in the drivers seat of his Bugatti.

Clara was in a lot of pain. A lot of pain. Her ribs screamed in agony with every breath she took. Another sob escaped her mouth as a scream worthy headache slammed down on her making her want a hole to appear and swallow her up. Anything was better than the pain she was feeling.