Ch 12 |•| You broke your ribs? Thats so cool

"So if you follow along with our diet plan you should be up to a healthy body weight in no time." The doctor said as Clara nodded at him. "Now you remember how to put on the rib brace right?" He said making her nod again. "Good. Well then I'll see you in six weeks for a follow up." He said giving her a soft smile which she returned.

The doctor had cried for Clara. The injuries he had seen scattered across the young girls body were some of the worst he had ever seen. The pain in her older brothers eyes as he spoke was enough to completely break the man.

Lorenzo De Luca was known for his cold heartedness. Anyone who had worked under him could tell you that the man might as well have no soul. He was ruthless, cunning, heartless. But there he sat. With tears in his eyes and devastation wrung into his face. That was not the great and powerful Lorenzo De Luca. That was a man mourning the childhood of his sister.

Lorenzo came into the room with a bag filled with Clara's belongings thrown haphazardly over his shoulder. "You ready to go?" He said making the young girl and the doctor turn to look at him. Clara gave him a small nod before sliding off the bed. The three left the small hospital room as they headed towards the exit.

"Thank you Dr Rodrigo," Lorenzo said shaking the man's hand.

"Anytime mr De Luca," he replied as the two parted. With a final look at Clara the doctor turned around and made his way to his office.

"Let's go home sí?" Lorenzo said looking down at Clara who's eyes were still trained on the back of the doctors coat. She looked up at Lorenzo before giving him a small smile.

"Yeah." Lorenzo held his hand out for her, which she took, as he led her to the car. The two walked in silence for a while before Lorenzo turned to Clara.

"So about school," he started making Clara turn to look at him. "I think we take the rest of the week off and then you go back on Monday?" He said making her scrunch her eyebrows.

"People are going to think I'm weird." She looked down at her shoes as she walked

"Why?"

"Because, Yknow. I went for a day then I just disappear for the rest of the week. That's weird." She said pointedly as she looked back up at her brother.

"That's not weird. If anyone thinks you're weird we'll get Emilio to sort them out." He said making Clara laugh slightly. "Actually no, he'll probably trip on his own shoelaces before the fight even begins," he said making her giggle.

"Don't say that, he tries his best." She said making Lorenzo let out a small chuckle.

"So you restart Monday?"

"Yeah I'll restart Monday." She replied as she reached up to itch her collarbone. "Erm about the whole diet plan thing," she started making Lorenzo look down at her.

"Yeah is there a problem with it," he said as they reached the car. Clara hesitated as she stared at the vehicle before shaking off her thought and climbing into the passenger seat.

"It's just uhm- well do we-" she stopped as she tried to formulate what she wanted to say in her mind. "Could we not do it?" She asked softly making Lorenzo furrow his eyebrows as he started the car.

"What do you mean? Is there something wrong?" He said as she began to pick at her hangnails.

"I just don't want it," she hummed as he looked over at her before focusing his eyes back on the road ahead of him.

"Clara, I know you're scared but this is gonna help you. It's gonna help you regain your appetite and strength your body. Right now you're severely underweight and that's very unhealthy." He said pausing to look over at his sister. He let out a small sigh before taking her hand in his to stop her from pulling at her hangnails. He didn't say anything. He simply held her hand hoping her was conveying what he wanted to say. That he was here for her.