Ch 22 |•| just a nightmare

⚠️Major TW in this chapter I'll put up more signs before and after ⚠️

Clara sprinted into her room as fast as she could not even giving Lorenzo a chance to say something. She closed the door. Locking it before cradling her now purple arm.

She sat down on the bed with a slight whimper as she rapidly blinked her tears away. She looked around for anything she could use to make herself feel just a little better but Romeo had all her painkillers. She didn't want to have to go downstairs for ice either.

And all of a sudden Clara was taken back to only two months ago when she sat in her small box room cradling her bruises scared to make any noises that could wake Andrew up.

Clara let out a sharp breath as she shook her head. She was horrible. How could she compare this to Andrew's abuse? She was such an ungrateful, worthless, stupid bra-

"Clara?" She heard Andreas' voice ring out from the other side of the door. Her head snapped up as she wiped the tears on her face before slowly walking towards the door. "Clara you in their Tesoro?" He called again. Clara cleared her throat before slowly opening the door.

Andreas stood there. His eyes were red and his hair messy but he greeted her with a small smile. Clara looked up at him with an eyebrow raised at his disheveled state.

He knelt down closer to her but Clara couldn't help but step back at the scent of alcohol that wafted off him. He looked at her with an eyebrow raised before looking down at himself. "I'm so sorry Tesoro. I didn't get a chance to change. I just-" he took her hand pulling her closer to him. Clara felt herself grow uneasy as he slurred through his words.  "I missed you so much Clara." He said tearing up as he pulled her into a tight embrace.

Clara winced as he pressed down on her arm but either Andreas didn't notice or didn't care. He held her tighter making her tear up as all of a sudden her senses were invaded with flashbacks.

She pressed against Andreas' chest trying to get him to let her go but he just held tightly onto her. Clara felt panic rush through her as she let out a strangled panicked noise at the back of her throat. "Andreas!" She hit again this chest but it was as if he couldn't hear her.

She began to panic as she stilled completely fear creeping up in her slowly as the scent of everything Andrew stood for wafted into her nose filling up her senses with nothing less than unpleasant memories she never wanted to relive.

"Andreas what are you doing?" Romeo's voice rang out before he ran towards the two pulling the younger man off Clara in an instant. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at his brother confused. But his confusion quickly turned to anger. "Are you high?!"

Clara didn't waste a moment before rushing into her room locking the door. She sank back onto the ground letting out short sharp laboured breaths as she held her head in her hands.

Her eyes darted left and right as memories rushed through her. "No, no no no," she mumbled as she pulled at her hair clenching her eyes shut trying to rid them.

She heard knocking on her door making her flinch back harshly as she moved away from the door looking at it in fear. She shuffled back into a small corner of her room. Hugging her knees to her chest she held her head in her hands.

All it took was the smell of alcohol and all of a sudden she was back to when bottles were flying and bruises were being imprinted into her mind. She hit her head with the bottom of her palm over and over again cursing herself for being weak.

She was horrible. She was safe. She was in her own room. No one was going to hurt her and yet here she was cowering in a corner crying her eyes out and for what? Because her brother hugged her?