chapter 6

"A daughter? I thought you were going to wait til marriage. Plus I dont think we can make us have a girl."

"No." You laugh, sitting up. "I mean what if we adopted Alice."

"Really? We just met her. Don't you think it's a little too soon. Plus we don't even have a room for her. I think it's a great idea and i know you love her and i do too. It's just to soon."

You nod. "Ok. I guess we just need time then." You felt kind of sad because you really wanted to help her, but you knew Mark was right.

~~~~~

In the morning you woke. The sun was slightly shining through your bedroom window. You feel funny, something's off. You roll over and you see your soul mate is not in bed.

"That's why I didn't have someone hugging me." You giggle and get out of bed.

~~~

You walk out into the livingroom, fully dressed, searching for Mark. Before you can actually get a good look around something white catches your eye. It was the teddy bear Mark gave you on your first date, next to it was a little card, sitting on the kitchen table.

You walk over it and pick it up. You hug the bear as you read the note.

"Morning beautiful.
I have a surprise for you. I need you to come up to the roof. If you don't know where it is....just follow the petals.
-Markimoo❤ "

You put the note down and walk to the door. You open and a single rose lays on the ground at your feet. You pick it up and smell it. It was the sweetest smelling flower that could have possibly existed. Down the hall you see a trail of rose petals towards the lift.

You go into the elevator and push the button for the roof. As soon as it opens to the roof your eyes get wide at the beautiful sight before you. Mark is standing with a single white rose in his hand, wearing a suit, the sun is shining behind him. You walk over to him, confused and in awe.

"Wa-wha?" You're too astonished to even speak.

"I did this to fully show you how i feel, and how sorry i am about how I've treated you. Since I, myself can't actually put it into words...i found this song that is perfect for that." Mark pulls out his phone and pushes play. You noticed a little speaker on the ledge of the building. As soon as the piano started to play you recognized the song immediately. You looked at Mark, he takes your hands and looks you straight in the eyes.

"I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Thats why I need you to hear

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is You"

Tears start to fill your eyes, but you won't let them fall, not yet. The look in his eyes, you can tell he means every word he's singing.

"I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you."

The song finishes and he pauses the music. For awhile you just stare into eachother's eyes. They were so deep yet all the emotion was right on the surface. No matter what, you could always trust the look in his eyes. His lovely, sparkly, brown eyes.

He hands you the white rose. You look at it then back at him.

"I love you with all my heart (y/n). You've given me more life in just these past three months then what I've lived before we even met. I've probably wished upon every star for someone like you. I've probably spent thousands of dollars just throwing coins down a well for someone to love, someone to call mine. All the money i spent and all the time i used wishing....i could say it was well spent, but it's so much more than that. I still cant contemplate the fact that your actually standing in front of me right now. It feels like all my dreams have finally come true and i don't know how to handle it. Just like how dogs chase cars, but would never know what to do if they caught one. I promise you though, i wil try my very hardest to make sure i dont wake up from this dream and that it wont slip into the back of my mind like the unimportant memories. I will cherish every millisecond i spend with you. I will chersih the ground you walk on and the air you breath. All because of you i now know what beauty actually means...and it's nothing close to what the dictionary defines it to be." He chuckles and looks at the floor. "I know i keep rambling on, but that's what i do when im passionate about something." He looks back into your eyes. He takes your hand again. "I need you to know I'm in this for the long run. I will never leave your side no matter what. I will be there when you wake up and when you go to bed at night. The only time i wont be there is when you go pee." You both chuckle. He moves a stand of hair behind your ear. "(Y/n)." He takes out a pokeball from behind his back. He gets down on one knee. Your heart feels like it's about to explode. He opens the ball to reveal a pokeball ring.

"Will you do me the highest honor of spending the rest of my life with me?"