chapter 13

"Holy shit that movie was bad ass," you say as you stretch on the couch after being in Mark's arms for over an hour.

"I know right. The only thing I didn't like is that they said his name a lot."

"For real, like, we get it your name is John Wick." You both laugh. You look at your phone for the time. "It's time to pick up Alice. Do I drive or you?"

"I'll do it." You toss him the keys and walk toward the door.

~~~~~~~

*Mark's POV* (It's been awhile)

We're driving down the road when this asshole cuts us off causing me to swerve.

"(Y/n) are you ok?"

"Yeah, but I dropped my phone on your side."

All of a sudden she's laying, face down, across my lap.

"W-what are you doing?"

"I'm getting my phone."

"I-I c-could've got it."

"Hold on this will only take a second."
We came do a red light and she was still on my lap. Then I noticed her butt sticking up in the air.

'Oh god.' I felt my cheeks heat up.

"(Y-y/n) did you f-find it yet."

"Got it." She got up, putting her hand on my thigh. "Sorry love."

She kissed my cheek and sat back down. "Are you ok Mark? You're a little red." She giggles.

"Y-yeah I'm fine."

'She did that on purpose didn't she.'

The light turned green and I took off. All of a sudden she kisses me cheek. Once again with her hand on my thigh.

"(Y-y/n)."

"Yes." She whispered in my ear. A chill went down my spine.

"I-I'm driving."

"I know." She was rubbing her hand slightly up and down my inner thigh. "Why do you say that?"

"Because you're making it hard for me to concentrate."

"Why? What am I doing?" She quickly moved her hand a little closer up. I flinch and my breath hitched.

She removes her hand and begins to laugh.

"That's mean."

"I'm sorry, but it's funny. Oh and by the way....I never dropped my phone." She giggled and looked out her window.

'In going to get her. Just watch.'

~~~~~~

*Your POV* (sorry :'C )

"So Alice, did you have fun?"

"Uh...y-yeah I guess."

'Did something happen? Why would she respond like that?'

"So what do you want to do now," Mark suggests.

"Can we just stay home and have fun?"

"Of coarse we can."

~~~~~~

We finally got home after stopping to get some icecream. We were going up the lift when it stops just a floor before ours.

"Huh."

The lights start to flicker.

"Mom? What's going on?"

The lights turn off and there was a loud boom. Suddenly you were falling. The elevator snapped from its chain and is now hurdling towards the ground.

Your life starts flashing before your eyes. You see Mark, Alice, and this....man.

You didn't notice but you had stopped falling. You also hadn't noticed that you were currently tightly wrapped in two pairs of arms. The lights flickered back on. Mark was hugging you and had his face buried in your neck and Alice was inbetween both of you, hugging your waist. You wrap one arm around Alice and put the other around Mark's head, running your finger through his hair and placing your head on his shoulder.

~~~

You all still stood in your same positions. Not because you were scared or afraid that if you moved it might fall again. You just took it all in. However you didn't take in the fact that you could have died. Or the fact that you would never get to see, talk to, or hear eachother again. You took in the miracle that you're still able to hold the ones you love in your arms and in your heart. The fact that your able to embrace eachother's company for another day, minute, second. That you're still able to see there smiling faces each and every day. That their heart will beat right next to yours.

'That's all that matters. They are still here with me, and always will be. Forever.'