°•° 24 °•°

A/N Hey y'all! Just fair warning, the first half of this chapter gets pretty intense and so if you haven't read the trigger warning in my first author's note, you might want to look at that before reading this chapter because those things are mentioned. But I promise it isn't a bad chapter (actually one of my favorites) so I hope you like it! :D

It didn't stop.

Over the course of the next week, Mora periodically sent me text after text. Some were short, simply asking me to answer. Others were longer, explaining all the things she was realizing Nick did and how wrong they were. I ignored them all. Many of them I didn't even read. I just couldn't let myself linger on things that wouldn't get me anywhere. Dwelling on my past with Mora would only make me feel worse about everything. I needed to stay focused on other things.

Like Sav. Luckily, we were mostly back to normal. We both shoved what had happened last week under a dusty rug where it could die. And I was happy with that. Mostly. Late at night, though, I might have replayed that memory in my mind, wondering if there was any indication that Sav might feel the same way about me. Sometimes, I convinced myself that I'd definitely seen signs that she liked me back. But, truthfully, I was kidding myself. The part that wouldn't stop churning through my mind, even in my dreams, was how fast she'd jumped away from me. How she'd treated it like nothing afterward. I just needed to remember that. All she felt for me was friendship. And that was okay. More than okay. Perfect.

I just had to keep telling myself that.

I was working on some neck exercises for Abigail I'd found online. She'd been holding her head up longer and longer and I knew any day now, she'd start sitting up. Though it had been strange to me before, I was finding that helping Abigail grow was an intriguing process, one that I was actually enjoying. Sav would call me such a dad, and this thought made me smile to myself.

My phone started ringing and I quickly put Abigail back in her crib to answer it. I would have found it ironic that Sav would FaceTime me the minute I was thinking about her but it wasn't often that I wasn't thinking about her.

"Hey," I answered, sitting criss cross on my bed.

"Hello, idiot," she said around a giant smile.

I couldn't help but smile back and raise my brows. "You seem extremely happy. What's up?"

"Well..." she drawled. "I have a surprise for you."

Now I was skeptical. "Okay. What is it?"

"Not yet. Just meet me here." My phone chimed as she sent me a text message with an address. "And make sure you don't have plans for a while. Kay?"

"Okay. But why did you FaceTime me if you could have just texted me?"

Her smile flickered a second before turning teasing. "Maybe I just wanted to see your face." And then she hung up.

I sat there, stunned by the abrupt ending of our conversation. Her words rifled through my head, making an amused smile pull across my face. How did she expect me not to fall head over heels for her when she said and did stuff like that? She was too adorable and I couldn't keep myself from smiling every time we talked.

With the address, she sent a time; one o'clock. That was only thirty minutes away and the drive took twenty, not accounting for mid day traffic. So I quickly rounded up Abigail and my things and slipped out of the building toward my car.

As I was on my way, my phone chimed again. I rolled my eyes and smiled, muttering, "You can't spend ten minutes without talking to me, dork?"

But when I looked at the message, it wasn't Sav. It was Mora. Again.