Prologue

Elizabeth Saltzman came through a door blasted open with magic

Elizabeth Saltzman came through a door blasted open with magic. Her eyes only fell on one person in the room. The tribrid. The blonde heretic disregarded the others in the room and began a chant towards Hope.

Hope turned toward Alaric, who seemed unsurprised, in the blink of an eye, "You knew she was here?" Hope was pushed off her feet as Lizzie chanted. In her left hand was a paper written in a foreign language and in her right hand was a knife she was siphoning from. "What the h-," A gust of white light began to emerge from the knife blinding everyone. An atomic white blast engulfed Hope, and when it was gone, so was she.

"What just happened in here?" the squad came running in, confused. Papers and debris were flying through the air. "Lizzie?" Kaleb tilted his head, his face filled with confusion. "Where the hell is Hope?" He noticed a missing tribrid.

Lizzie backed up from the blank space Hope formally stood. She dropped the knife and let go of the paper, which slowly fell to the ground. "I don't know—that wasn't supposed to happen..."

"What wasn't supposed to happen?" Alaric made his way to his daughter as fast as he possibly could with his crippled body. "Lizzie?" He called to her, expecting a response.

The blonde was at a loss for words. Her eyes went wide and her jaw dropped in shock. She turned away from her father, who stood in front of her, and she looked around the room with the rest of the squad.

Alaric pushed himself over to stand in front of her again with his cane. "What did you do, Lizzie?!" The blonde stayed silent, and everyone's eyes in the room fell on her.

•*•*•*•*•
Pages: 02
Words: 293
Written: 01/08/23
Published: 01/16/23