08 - Will Be

A girl was scraping food out of pan and into a bowl on the counter

A girl was scraping food out of pan and into a bowl on the counter. "I bet you 100 dollars that dog ran off to a house with air-conditioning," the girl turned around to set the pan on the island. She stopped when she saw her friend and Klaus standing across from her in the door frame, "What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed," Klaus said calmly. "I'm told Ray Sutton lives here."

The girl put her hands on the island and said shakily, "He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly."

Klaus walked closer with the blonde friend, "But I expect he makes it home." He raised his eyebrows and smiled, "Once a month." He noticed the girls keeping very quiet. It was clear he was right. "That's what I thought." The hybrid questioned, "Where is he now?" The girls stayed quiet so Klaus threatened, "If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you." He smirked.

The girl who stood by the counter immediately ran for the back door of her and her friend's house. When she opened it, two more people were there, causing her to scream.

Klaus smiled and lifted his arm, "I love it when they run." He walked down the hall with the blonde girl, keeping his hand on her back.

"He's in Tulley," the girl gave in. She was full of fear and ready to cry. "It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort, it's off Highway 41."

"Thank you, my love," Klaus smiled. He looked to his side at the blonde girl, "Now, may my friends come in and play?"

The blonde said shakily while crying, "Yes."

Stefan pulled the screen door open for Hope, then walked in after her. Klaus looked at Hope, pushing the blonde to her, "You will kill this one first." The tribrid gulped. Right in this moment, she longed for a humanity-less life again. Klaus looked at the ripper, "You will make that one suffer, after Hope is down with her," he smiled and gestured towards the girl by the door. "I'll be in the car," he walked past them, and out of the house. He closed the door behind him.

Hope grabbed the girls arms. She shook her head and cried, "Please don't, please." The tribrid ignored her pleas, and opened her mouth, revealing her vampire teeth along with her hybrid eyes. Hope bit into her neck, and she screamed.

The girl's friend screamed when seeing her friend die. She backed into the corner by the door, crying. Stefan turned around to the girl, with his vampire eyes showing. He tore into her neck, and fed, while she screamed. The ripper let go, leaving her headless unlike the other girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Klaus walked up the the bar inside of Southern Comfort. He leaned on it and looked at the man, well, wolf beside him, "Ray? Ray Sutton?"

A bartender handed Ray a beer, and the wolf pushed himself back to look at Klaus, "Who wants to know?"

"I've been looking everywhere for you," Klaus smiled, then sat down on a stool. He looked straight at Ray and gestured with his hand as he spoke, "We started in Florida. Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you worked with before you moved to Memphis." Klaus pointed with his hand, "Now he directed me to meet two lovely young women," He shook his head. He moved his eyes to look at Ray, "And they led me here. To you."