02 - Klaus

"You're right

"You're right." Alaric croaked, "This witch is all juiced up and aiming to kill." He walked over to a dresser.

"That's terrible." The doppelgänger replied with vaguely and didn't mean it.

"We're gonna have to kill her, Maddox." He looked in the drawers, then to Katherine, "Do you think this Alaric guy has anything vintage?"

He pulled open another drawer and lifted the board in it, "Crossbows, wooden bullets, and automatics," he said, thinking. He picked up a crossbow and looked at Katherine, "Who is this guy again?"

"He's a local vampire hunter." Katerina replied.

"Ah, we'll that explains the clothing." Klaus, inside Alaric's body, dropped the crossbow on the floor beside the bed.

"All I can find," Maddox, Klaus' witch sighed, "Guy likes his bourbon." He handed the glass to Klaus.

"I knew there was something about him I liked," He took the glass and drank some of the  bourbon inside, then he set the glass down on the countertop in the kitchen.

The witch noticed bruising on Klaus's neck, "Thought you said this body was safe?" Maddox gestured towards the neck, "And that no one would harm it?"

"This wasn't the Salvatores. There's another vampire in town who seems to really dislike this Alaric guy." Klaus said with irritation and used his hands to gesture around the body he occupied.

"Can pull you out. Put you in another body." Maddox suggested. "Really wouldn't want this plan being jeopardized by some vampire who hates this guy."

"No. I need Alaric's body tonight, there's a high school dance. I'm gonna need you to take out witch bitch."

"If she has that much power, she can sense me coming from a mile away. I won't be able to get near her." He raised his eyebrows, "You have to do it."

"In this body? I'm a haggard history teacher." Klaus lifted his hand from his waist, "She could easily hurt me." Klaus shook his head, "I mean not me, Klaus me. You know what I mean."

"No witch can handle channeling that much power." Maddox stepped closer to Klaus, "It'll kill her. It would kill me." He stated firmly, "You just have to make her use it."

"You mean like—provoking her—to death?" Klaus squinted his eyes as the witch gave him conveniently good news.

"It won't take long. Just keep attacking her until it kills her." The witch stated, "His body, Alaric's. It will last longer than hers will."

"How? He's human." Klaus questioned what the witch was on about.

"I can help in that department." Maddox assured. "I can do a spell to protect you."

"Well keep that going after tonight when the witch is dead. I would like to find out if this new vampire is a friend or a foe." Klaus tilted his head.

"It's a vampire, who cares? Once you're back in your body, it won't matter. She can't kill you."