04 - Elijah

Damon and Bonnie had a plan amongst themselves

Damon and Bonnie had a plan amongst themselves. In secret, the Bennett witch cast a spell. Klaus occupying Alaric's body was uncalled for. The only way to lure out the original in his real form was if he knew Bonnie was dead. He had to belief it.

Elena and Stefan weren't filled in about the plan and the Gilbert's reaction was very real. She'd been crying at the Salvatore house over Bonnie's apparent death until Damon walked in. Her grief turned into anger because he knew Bonnie would die.

When Demon finally told her what had happened, Elena was in shock. She became relieved. And Stefan was angry with his brother for not filling him in.

Once they were all caught up and calm, Stefan led them back to the main hall of the house. They'd discussed the good news. Now it was time for the bad.

"You were right, Damon," Stefan stated. Damon furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his brother in shock. Those three words next to his name very rarely came from Stefan's mouth. "That vampire is gonna be a problem." Stefan crossed his arms. "She's making her way up to problem A."

Elena stepped closer to Stefan in worry, and Damon instantly questioned what had convinced Stefan of this. "What happened? Did you see her tonight?"

"I saw her. She was watching everything go down between Klaus and Bonnie." Stefan sighed, "I'm starting to think this is more about her and Klaus than it is her and Alaric." Stefan had just poured himself a glass of bourbon while talking. As he was about to drink some, he was forced against the wall beside the fireplace with a wave of pain in his stomach. He dropped the glass of bourbon to the ground.

As their luck would have it, it was the vampire they were talking about. Hope twisted the wooden stake in Stefans's stomach, and he groaned at the pain. She tilted her head, "You're right, this is most certainly about Klaus."

Stefan struggled to speak, "How the hell did you get in the house?!" Damon vamped behind Hope to pull her away from Stefan, but she quickly turned around and pushed him, propelling him into a table full of antiques and bourbon. The tabled broke, and the antiques and bottles of bourbon shattered.

"That was 1962. You're gonna pay for that," Damon threatened, and pushed himself up from the ground. He dusted pieces of wood stuck to his clothing and gave Hope a menacing glare.

As she had her eyes on Damon, Stefan struggled to pull out the stake from his stomach. He took a deep breath in relief once it was out. He threw the wood at the vampire, who turned around swiftly and caught the wood just in front of her face.

Hope pulled her arm down with the stake so she could look the breathless Stefan in the eyes, "Who the hell is really in Alaric's body? I know for a fact it can't be Klaus."

"Then you have your facts wrong," Damon propelled himself towards Hope with a broken leg from the table in his right hand. He had his arm up and aimed towards her back, but Hope wrapped her hand around the Salvatore's arm and twisted it into an irregular position.