Astrid

Astrid P.O.V

I held my grip tight on the handle of my axe. I walked past many great trees I could use for target practice but my favourite one was deeper in the woods. Once I reached the tree, without thinking I threw my axe as hard and fast as I could. It wedged deep into the trunk of the tree. I stood there and thought about how unnatural the axe looked imbedded in the tree like that
I'd had a stressful day today. Snotlout had been showing off and making smart comments all day and I swear I was at the point of making him my board for target practice. I liked coming to this spot when I was annoyed because my mother would often take me here and tell me amazing stories when I was younger.
I pulled my axe out of the tree and rubbed my hand over the deep cut in the bark. I stepped away and leaned my back against a large rock which was cool to the touch. I slowly closed my eyes and let the peace of the woods drown out my frustration.
For the first time in weeks I felt comfortable and relaxed but it was shortly lived. A stick snapped not to far behind the rock. My eyes flicked open, I held my axe ready and crouched low behind the rock. And sure enough I could here footsteps coming my way but they were only light.
"Maybe it's a terrible terror," I thought then shook my head. "No it's defiantly something bigger then that."
I once again gripped my axe tighter as the foot steps were only less then a metre away. I bounced to the side of the rock yelling and threw my axe. I could tell it was a sloppy and rushed throw but it would be enough if it was something dangerous. I heard my axe hit something and soon after a faint growl. I waiting for the creature to jump out and attack but there was nothing. I stood there confused but decided to see where and what my axe had hit.
I didn't have to walk far before I saw the tip of my axe handle sticking out behind a tree. I braced myself but I couldn't imagine that what I had hit wasn't a dragon nor an animal. Behind the tree was a person. He was dressed armour I had never seen before and wore a helmet over his head, covering his face. He was missing part of his left leg a few centimetres below his knee which was replaced with a metal leg design I also hadn't seen before. I saw my axe sticking out of his armour on his right arm but I knew it had cut through his armour (I had gotten my axe freshly sharpened this morning). The persons growled at me which was a bit shocking. I jumped back a bit.
"Who are you?" I questioned him.
"I think it's only fare I know who you are since you had injured me," his voice was handsome and young. I couldn't guess his age since his face was concealed by the helmet.
I grabbed my axe handle, "I'm Astrid and I live here, but I can't say the same for you."
"I'm Hiccup and we crashed here a few days ag-" Hiccup hissed as I pull my axe out of the armour. "Ago."
"What do you mean we?" I asked.
Hiccup slowly got up and wrapped his hand around the wound as best he could, "Never mind."
I crossed my arms and stared at him, he somewhat resembled aspects of a dragon with the way he stood and acted. I was curious now but I knew Hiccup wasn't going to tell me much if anything about him, I mean I don't blame him we only just met and I greeted him with stabbing his arm with my axe. Speaking of his arm I could just see blood seeping through his top, through the gap in his armour.
"Hey if you want I can take you back to my village to treat your wound as let's say an apology?" I suggested. Hiccup shifted his weight from one foot to the other uncomfortably.
"No I believe I'll be fine, I mean I've experienced worse," he replied and I knew he was talking about his metal leg. He glanced down at the axe for a moment.
"Are you sure I mean it might get infected and-"
"I said I'm fine!" Hiccup growled quickly.
I pinched my lips together, "Fine whatever I was only trying to be nice!" I snapped back.
I expected him to look a bit guilty but Hiccup slightly lifted his top lip stared at me.
I swung my axe around which made him flinch. "Well if you don't mind I'm going to go home now and please for you own sake stay away from my village," I warned and pulled my hoodie over my head and ran back they way to Berk.

When I got home I noticed I had a fair amount of blood on it. I sighed and grabbed a strip of wet material to clean it. I sat on a chair and slowly brushed the cloth up and down the blade of my axe being careful not to cut myself.
"I wonder if Hiccup actually left, and where is he staying? And what did he mean by "we" I guess that means he's to alone but who would have come with him," I thought. "And how in the name of Thor did he get here?"

@=#~+~#=@
A/U: well here is the first chapter of my new httyd fanfiction.
I just wanted to say this is my first time ever writing a fanfiction and I mean it. So I would really like feedback on if I'm doing a good job or not.
And just making it clear in this hiccup looks the same as he does in the 2nd movie so yeah a me armour, metal leg and helmet.
Again I do not own any of these characters or settings, all of those belong to dreamworks animation.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy this story!!😋
~ Time_to_Disappear