Astrid + Hiccup

Astrid's P.O.V

After a brilliant nights sleep I returned to Stoick's house to get the keys. Instead of handing me a bunch of keys he hands me one old rusty one. I looked up at confused.

"It will be the cell right at the back of the prison," Stoick explained understanding my confusion.

"Ok," I nodded showing him I understood.

He hands me a small plate of food and a cup of water.

"This is for the prisoner and do not give him anymore, I will know if you do," he narrowed he eyes to me.

"Sure, uh-I was wondering am I given permission to talk to the prisoner if need be? Or to use my axe if he threatens me?" I questioned.

"Sure, whatever as long as you're safe," Stoick waves me off and I head out.

The village is quiet today, since we haven't had a dragon attack in a month or less everyone was at ease. The prison came into view and I wondered what the back cell looked like. I had never been that far, our prisoners were usually kept at the front so we could keep a close eye on them and attack if they try to escape.

Dark, heavy clouds covered the sky like a thick fluffy blanket. It looked as if it were to rain soon which made me exited. Rain sometimes helped me focus when I was training.

As I opened the old wooden do to the prison everything inside was dark and gloomy. The air felt suffocating and strange since the last time I had visited here, to be honest it was kind of creepy down here.

As I walked further into the prison I noticed how the hygiene of the cells slowly decreased and soon it looked like most hadn't been cleaned in years.

Finally I reached the last cell but it was very dark. I could only make out an outline of the person sitting...no scratch that crouching in the dirt. His hands were linked together on the back of his neck, his elbows rested on his legs and his head faced to the ground.

"I've brought you food," I said bluntly with no emotion.

He didn't reply but stayed in that familiar position. I rolled by eyes and slipped the food and water between the bars then sat down on the cold floor. When I used to do this I would sit and talk with the prisoners sometimes, most of their stories were amazing.

"I suggest you eat, who knows when Stoick will give you your next meal," I advised him.

"He won't starve me I know that much," he finally replied.

I was paralyzed with shock.

"Hiccup?!" I whispered/shouted.

I saw a smirk cling onto his lips. He looked so perfect.

"That would be me," he replied.

"What are you doing here?" I asked then shook my head. "No ignore that question, why did you run?"

He still crouched like that staring at the floor.

"I don't want to talk about it, but the reason why I'm here is Stoick found me on the run and both him and Snotlout took me," he whispered.

"I'm really sorry Hiccup, I didn't mean for this to happen," I explained looking at the ground now like him.

I felt a soft, warm hand touch my chin gently and lift my head up. I couldn't get over his forest green eyes.

"It's not your fault," he said softly sending chills down my spine.

"I know it's Snotlout," I agreed with him.