Stoick + Astrid

Stoick's P.O.V

The Nadder beneath my feet fell limp as it admitted defeat. I looked around at the others and noticed Astrid standing completely still with her arms limp by her sides. Her axe laid flat on the ground and it looked as if Astrid was about to cry. Her Deadly Nadder laid on the ground staring up at her. I was about to call out to her to check if she was ok but before I did I heard her mumble something that completely shocked me.

"I can't do it...I can't kill her," Astrid sobbed her words just at my hearing range.

"Astrid hurry up before it gets lose!" I ordered snapping her attention towards me.

The Nadder suddenly jumped up in front of Astrid. I instantly grew concerned as she was not armed and that dragon could kill her with one shot if the need be. I ordered one of the other Vikings who had already finished a dragon to take over mine. I ran towards Astrid who wasn't moving a muscle to get away. The dragon just stood there staring at her tilting it's head and flicking it tail. Astrid's eyes connected with the beast and something tense inside her seemed to loosen. I ran up to the dragon.

"Astrid!" I yelled breaking the staring contest her and the dragon where having.

The dragon turned around to face me but before it could attack I swung my axe and cut along the dragon's side. The Nadder screeched in pain and Astrid gasped sharply.

"Run," I said in Astrid's direction and she instantly did that.

I spun my axe in my palm and faced the dragon who was trying to back away from me. It noticed I was about to attack so in a millisecond the dragon's tail flicked and the sound of it's spines breaking through that air became closer, aiming pretty accurately in my direction. I jumped out of the way and held my ground. The look in my eyes were just daring for the dragon to attack me again. What was left of the Nadders behind me seemed to become more restless and one by one Vikings flew into the air landing with an unusual sounding thud. The Nadder in front of me seemed to relax a bit and it crouched down on the ground. I could hear the quiet shuffling of the Nadders approaching behind me and I knew fairly well I was outnumbered.

I was stubborn but I wasn't ignorant. I knew exactly when to call quits and right now seemed like a good time. I called over to the other Vikings to retreat and make themselves useful somewhere else. The Nadder's wasted no time in retreating while the one I ha injured lagged horribly behind. I spun around and ran into the center of the village that was being overrun by multiple species of dragons.

Astrid's P.O.V

I ran through the crowds of Vikings like a bulldozer ignoring those who got in my way, even dragons. Tears were stinging my eyes, furiously scratching to get out but I wasn't going to cry if it meant doing so in front of others. I got a many number of concerned stares which only lasted a few seconds as the fighting commenced. Every time I tried to think what had come over me my mind went blank, as if I was never to know the answer. I couldn't kill a dragon...No I wouldn't kill the dragon.

Ever since I was able to lift an axe I had been fighting and killing dragons like no tomorrow. It was what I had always done. It was natural and familiar to me. I had never given it a second thought moments before my axe pierced the skin of a dragon, I never grieved once the job was done, I never ran from a fight I could win. I never ran from any fight whether it was certain I was going to lose or win. In Berk it was always "Kill or be Killed" and that was the one rule I had followed through my entire life so far. It was the only one I hadn't broken until now. On the way over here I hadn't felt like this when I was injuring dragons that were prepared to attack me, but when I was about to kill one. Something snapped. Maybe it was the Nadder's eyes. They were so peaceful and curious as she laid on the ground, staring straight at the one who was going to end her life. She knew what was going to happen yet she didn't show an inch of anger, hatred or revenge. She knew she was defeated but she didn't let to much of that show too. The Nadder just looked so kind and loving, like Toothless. Hiccup was right, dragons aren't what we think they are and sadly I had to take this path of pain and regret to finally realise what it meant. I pressed the base of my palms over my eyes and groaned only wishing that it had been some other dragon that did look like a beast. Maybe then I wouldn't feel like I do now.

Unexpectedly without concentrating I bumped into a firm body who's arms wrapped around my waist stopping me midway before I hit my back on the ground.

"You look troubled," a voice pointed out trying way to hard to sound sexy.

"Snotlout!" I exclaimed struggling to get out of his hold but he just pulled me closer until our hips were touching.

"What's troubling you princess?" he questioned with a little smile.

I almost gagged at the horrid nickname and once again tried to pull myself away from him. "Let go of me Snotface!" I demanded.

Surprisingly without a snaky remark Snotlout's arm removed from my waste and he just stood there staring at me looking like he was trying to say something but he couldn't put the words together.

"Uh-I know this isn't at the best of times," he started gesturing to the scene surrounding us. "But Astrid Hofferson, I have loved you for many, many years, and so...I was wondering...Will you marry me?"

Instantly my mind shut down. Did Snotlout really just ask to marry me?! Oh Gods please tell me I heard it all wrong!!! I can't get married to Snotlout! I don't love him at all! This can't be true, it can't be real! No I'm not going to let this happen! He can't do anything about it if I deny apart from sulk.

I looked at Snotlout in the eyes. Why did he have to ask when I was in such a vulnerable stage. "No," I replied simply.

Snotlout smirked and laughed to himself which was a scary thing to watch. What had I done to make him laugh? "Oh Astrid, I knew you would say no, you're to shy to admit your love so I went to Stoick and he's given me permission to marry you," Snotlout explained to my horrification. "You can't refuse once the Chief has given his permission."

"How could you!" I shrieked my fist whizzing through the air towards his smug face.

Snotlout caught my fist in the palm of his hand. His fingers curled around it while his thumb ran over my knuckles before he kissed my hands. I instantly pulled my hand away. He turned to walk away when only his head turned to my direction.

"I want to see you at dawn in my house two days from now so we can start planning," he ordered. "And remember you can't get out of this no matter how much you fight to."

And then he was gone, pretty proud with himself, while I just stood like a statue waiting for a dragon to swoop down and bite my head off. I was now filled with grief and anger as I thought of the heart I possessed that Snotlout was taking from someone who truly deserved it.

"What was I going to tell Hiccup?" I questioned myself in dread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update! and a little twist that really isn't a twist. Put your hand up in the air if you hate Snotlout. *puts hands up in air* ha I'm evil. Well my apologizes that the start of this chapter kinda sucks but oh well, what can you do?

No for those who are interested if you would like to make a new cover for this book for me you are most welcomed to! just send it to me on the message thing on wattpad and I'll chose out of those which one I will use! So good luck!!!!!!! :)

Bye

~ Dream_Till_U_Belive