Astrid

Astrid's P.O.V

When I woke up the sun was already out and people had begun their daily jobs. I sat up slowly, my heavy eyes reluctant to open. I eventually realised I was late for training. I jumped out of bed, redid my braid and grabbed my axe. I ran past the blacksmith and saw Gobber working on some damaged weapons possibly from last night. I stop and walked over to him.
"Gobber don't we have training today?" I asked.
"Ah Astrid I see we slept in today that's unlike you," Gobber snickered.
"Yes I know! But aren't we training today?" I blushed.
"Training has been canceled today because of the dragon attack last night, it was short but they caused a lot of damaged, so go do you want to today," he explained.
"Ok," I said and walked back to my house but decided not to go there.
"Maybe I can find Hiccup again," I thought and agreed on it. I set back out into the woods and followed where I had first met him. I do admit I was exited but he different and I wanted to figure out why he was here.
When I couldn't find him near where I had met him I continued to walk further into the woods. I noticed some of the ground was going down hill, following my instincts I went down and found a pile of rocks with a wide gap between them. I went through the gab and a few meters below was a large area with a large pond in the middle. There was walls of rock and dirt that surrounded it. I jumped down a few rock and landed on both my feet. I looked around me and awed at how beautiful everything was. I walked close over to the other side and stopped to stare at everything from a different angle.
Suddenly heard the crackling of fire and a fierce growl. I turned around to see Hiccup slightly crouched and look ready to pounce. In his had he held a...fire sword! It looked like he was protecting himself. He slowly noticed who I was, stood up a bit more straighter and retracted the flaming blade of his sword into the handle. His hair was slightly scruffier then when I last saw him and he had a few minor scratched and bruises. I noticed he still had his armour and helmet on.
"Astrid?" He asked.
"That would be me," I replied.
"What are you doing here?" He questioned.
"I could say the same for you," I crossed my arms.
"I told you! I can't get back home tooth-" he stopped himself quickly.
"You haven't told me anything," I stared at him a bit harder suddenly suspicious.
I hear another growl but I was different from Hiccup's but the again Hiccup's growl sounded a lot like a dragon growl. He stiffened and ran into a dark sheltered area behind him. I heard him talking but couldn't make out any words since he was whispering. I heard a light thud as something hit the ground. Suddenly a large, black dragon with green eyes jumped out of the shadows and towards me. He jumped on top of me nocking my axe out of my head. The dragon looked exactly at me angrily and was preparing to kill me. He was just about to shoot.
"Toothless no!!" Hiccup yelled. I looked over and saw he had his helmet off. His hair was brown and fairly neat, he had forest, green eyes and a scare just under his mouth.
Toothless looked over at him sadly. I pushed him off me and grabbed my axe. Hiccup's widened and he ran to me and grabbed my axe with his right arm and threw it. It seemed to cause him pain. I slowly backed away from him and the dragon.
"Why'd you do that?!" I demanded terrified.
"You just scared him that's all," he explained calm.
"Him! Him is a night fury! Him is a dragon!" I exclaimed.
Toothless walked next to Hiccup and nudged him with his head gently. Hiccup patted Toothless' head.
"Him is Toothless, Toothless, Astrid, Astrid, Toothless," he explained.
"You keep a dragon as a...a pet?" I asked. Hiccup narrowed his green eyes to me.
"Toothless isn't a "pet" his my best friend," he mumbled. Toothless purred in agreement. I shook my head.
"But how? dragons kill is for food, that's all they want," I pointed out.
"It's not all they want, they steal because they have to not because they want to," Hiccup smiled and as Toothless started pushing him around.
"B-but last night we were attack our village was nearly destroyed," I replied.
"Like I said they steal because they have to, all you need is to gain their trust and everything that you thought you knew about them will change," he explained.
"So you came to Berk on him," I pointed to Toothless.
"I've lived with the dragons for 20 years I wanted to see if Toothless and I could discover something new, so we left but a storm caught us by surprise and ripped his prosthetics tail apart," Hiccup went behind Toothless and showed me the destroyed prosthetic tail fin. Toothless was supposed to have two tail fins but my guess is something happened to take off one of them.
"How'd he lose the tail fin?" I questioned.
"We don't need to discuss that now," Hiccup replied leaning against Toothless.
"What about your leg?" I continued. He held up his metal leg and frowned.
"Again another story for another day," he repeated.
"Hiccup have you really lived with dragons for 20 years?" I asked.
"Ever since I was a baby, it's only been me and the dragons," he answered.
"How'd you learn to talk though?"
"When the dragons took me on flights we would often pass over villages and I would hear the Vikings talk, so I taught myself," he said proudly.
"Y-you taught yourself to talk?!" I exclaim.
"And read, write and other things," he tilted his head up like a proud dragon.
"But where do you live with the dragons?" The question slipped through my lips.
"I'm sorry Astrid but I can't ever tell you that," Hiccup replied and that one statement told me he hadn't trusted me yet.
"I'm sorry....how's your arm?" I didn't know why I was asking so many questions.
Hiccup looked at it and shrugged his shoulders. He seemed uncomfortable.
"I-uh fine I guess," he hesitated.
"You sure?" I continued.
"Yes!" Hiccup growled. Toothless growled too.
"Well I think I should be going to mow bye," I said quickly.
"Astrid wait!" Hiccup called.
"What?" I asked.
"You won't tell people about toothless and I right?" He checked.
"Don't worry your secret is safe," I replied.
Before I knew it I was back into the woods. I don't know why Hiccup scared me but I won't tell a anyone about him or Toothless.

@=#~+~#=@
Here's another chapter sorry if it's crap but I made it a bit longer so enjoy.