Astrid

Astrid's P.O.V

An old anger welled up inside of me. I could feel it spiraling around my heart and filling me up with a rage I would other release on him or the poor trees in the woods if he left. Villagers collected around me all sharing that same face of hatred as they clutched at anything they held in their hands like they were all counting down until they threw it at him. If only I had my axe, I thought sadly to myself. Stoick made his presence known as his roughly shoved through the crowd of Vikings. Valka followed close behind with storm clouds surrounding her, making every get as far away from her as possible.

"Ah Stoick and Valka, it has been a while hasn't it?" Dagur asked spreading out his arms like he was going to hug Stoick who stood in front of him with his fists and jaws clenched tight.

"What are you doing here Dagur?" Stoick questioned dangerously.

"Me? I came to deliver a message," Dagur replied innocently.

"A message about what and from whom?" Valka asked crossing her arms defensively.

"It truly is nice to see you Valka, I see you haven't changed at all," Dagur pointed out with a grin.

"Don't you forget that's my wife you're talking to, so I say you state your purpose here and then leave immediately," Stoick suggested copying Valka's pose.

Dagur shook his head in disappointment and shrugged his shoulders. "You people are so serious, I mean what have I done to deserve this kind of greeting?" He whined.

"You know exactly what you did, now hurry up before I throw you back onto that boat," Valka warned.

"Alright, fine," Dagur stated. "It's a message from Alvin, he said that your time is running out fast, it's other Berk or the boy Stoick, make a decision soon or else the boy is gonna die whether I want him to or not."

Stoick uncrossed his arm but his body went ridged. He seemed to be holding back from attacking Dagur and I don't blame him because I was doing the same. How much have they hurt Hiccup? I wonder in my mind. I moved up from the crowd and took a place next to Valka. She had a hand griped tightly to the material on Stoick's shoulder and her eyes narrowed down to Dagur who stood there calmly...almost looking amused. The crowd of Vikings behind us looked around at one another utterly confused because no one really knew who Dagur what talking about and why the boy held such importance to Stoick and Valka. It had been just under a month since Hiccup was taken, so a many number of people who had seen him have forgotten. Gobber appeared out of nowhere and immediately stood by Stoick's side. They both glansed at each other but I could see Gobber giving Stoick the look that everything is going to be ok, even though I couldn't see Stoick's face he seemed to have calmed down and stared back at Dagur.

I knew we were going to get Hiccup back no matter what it cost us. The reason why we hadn't gone earlier was that we didn't have a foolproof plan, something we need if we are to get him back. Stoick was thinking the exact same thing. But one thing that all of Berk knew was of who little Alvin thought of our capabilities. We're so much stronger then he believes us to be and that's a weak spot of his we can take advantage of. I smirked to myself which seemed to catch Dagur's attention away from Stoick. His eyes wondered up and down my body and then he too was smirking back right at me.

"Well I believe I best be off now," Dagur announced.

"And where would you be heading?" Valka asked.

"Over to Outcast Island," he replied. Something seemed a bit off as he began to walk away. Stoick remained rooted to his spot as he watched Dagur walk away and board his ship. Why was no one going after him? I took and step forward but Valka held out her arm in front of me. I looked over to her but all she did was slowly shake her head from side to side. I took a deep breath and placed my foot back to the spot it had been in beforehand. Abruptly Dagur stopped in his tracks and turned back around to face us. "Oh and this is a little tip from myself, I'd decide very soon if I were you Stoick, Alvin's invited me over and along with that he's given me special permission to do whatever I want with Hiccup, and I promise you this...I won't go easy on him."

Stoick cracked his knuckles and smirked in a way I have never seen before. "Oh don't worry, I'll be making my decision very soon," he replied and sharply turned his back to Dagur, exiting through the crowd of confused Vikings. Valka offered one more hate filled glare and followed behind Stoick. Gobber had disappeared within the group of people and I took my leave, silently.

The crowd dispatched in silence once Dagur had boarded his boat and the waves pulled it away from Berk's deck, that stretched out to the ocean and hovered above the blue liquid. Hushed conversations spread across the groups of Vikings, that had scattered over the village. No one apart from us knew what had truly happened. I clenched my fists and pressed my arms again my sides to prevent me from hitting the objects around me. I stormed all the way over to my house. I threw my door opened and grasped the handle of my axe that leaned against the wall next to the door. I forcefully slammed the door close, shaking the whole house slightly. Those close around me watched from a safe distance as I vanished into the woods.

Once out of sight my feet seemed to have created a mind of their own. I ran past trees of all sizes and shapes but each one had bare branches sticking out in the Winter weather. Shriveled leaves of all shades of browns, oranges and reds stained the ground bellow them and a loud crunch emanated from those being stepped upon, as if they were screaming with their last dying breaths. The leaves were the only slash of colour that existed in the woods at this time of year. The dull white snow had dominated most of the land on Berk since Winter had begun. If it weren't for those leaves, only visible in patches where the snow had yet to take over, all that would be seen would be the different colours of the lifeless brown that was the trees and bare bushes, the wearisome white of the snow and the tedious greys that belonged to the rocks that jutted out, abnormally from the ground. It's like as soon as the winter came it sucked out every evidence of the once bright and beaming colours of the woods. Even I knew that after the next snowfall not even the leaves will be visible anymore. It was all just so...dead.

Immediately I stopped and with one swing my axe had dug it's blade deep into one of the trees that stood, unprotected before me. With one blink you could have missed the whole thing. For a minute at least I stood there as stiff as a statue and stared at my axe, thinking about how unnatural it looked against I took deep, slow breaths creating white ghosts of mist that dancing up in the air once I had exhaled. My tense shoulder sagged, I stepped back placing my feet next to each other and held up body up straight with my eyes closed and my face turned up to the sky. My arms went slack and I walked backwards until my back hit the trunk of a tree. I sunk down to the ground and hugged my knees up to my chest. My fingers digging tight into the skin on my knees. I stared off into the distance but my expression looked like I was determined to do something. And I was.

"I'm going to get Hiccup back as soon as possible," I ordered myself. "Whether I'm with Stoick or not."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Well a quiet update and my apologise for not doing so earlier, I've been helping my mum with work. She grooms dogs. So today was her last day as tomorrow is Christmas! (Well it's 12:30am right now so basically it is Christmas).
So.... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. I want to thank you all for supporting my book so much, it just makes writing it a whole lot more enjoyable. I wish all of you an amazing new year!
Now after Christmas I'm going away on holidays for two weeks and then coming home for ten days and then going away again for another week. So I might not be updating any time soon but I'll see if I can start writing the new chapter.
Anyways thank you guys so much and I'll see you all in the new year.
Bbbbbyyyyyyyeeeeeee
~ Dream_Till_U_Believe