Hiccup + Astrid

Hiccup's P.O.V

Alvin had given me a day to recover. A day to collect myself before everything started over once again. I had spent most of that time figuring out a plan to escape even though all odds were against me. I can tell Alvin is beginning to become sick of waiting for Stoick's reply. I don't blame Stoick for taking his time and I'm not angry if he choses Berk over me because a whole village worth of lives is more important then just one. But I have to escape if I want to get back to Toothless any time soon. My thoughts wandered over to Toothless. I wondered if he was doing ok without me. I hope he hasn't been discovered yet and I do hope Astrid is taking good care of him.

"Oi you!," a guard interrupted banging his weapon against the metal bars, producing a horrid sound. "Alvin will be coming for ya in ten minutes. I'd prepare for a good beating if I were you." The guard looked down at me with an evil smirk before walking back down the hallway to freedom.

I sighed and leaned my head back against the wall. "How am I going to do this?" I questioned myself.

Astrid's P.O.V

I jumped down the rocks to the ground bellow them. The cove seemed peaceful but I could sense the sad aroma that had slowly built within it. I looked down at the fish in my hand and then back to where the black figure laid.

"Hey Toothless," I called out.

The dragon's ears twitched at the sound of my voice but his body remained still. I rolled my eyes and walked to the dragons crouching in front of him. I waved the fish around his nose and his ears twitched a bit more.

"Come on Toothless you'll need your strength," I begged placing the slimy fish on the ground in front of him. "I've got a plan to get Hiccup back but I'll be needing your help," I explained. Toothless' head snapped up and his two big, green, eager eyes stared back at me. I smiled and patted his scaly head. "Perfect, but you're going to need to eat first before we do anything else," I pointed out.

Toothless snapped up the fish and stood up on all fours before I even blinked. I grinned at his eagerness and gestured for him to calm down a little.

"Ok so since Stoick hasn't made any progress in actually putting the plan to rescue Hiccup in action yet, both you and I are going to rescue him ourselves," I explained in a hushed tone. "But before we leave we're going to need some help from another Viking."

Toothless quietly snarled at the thought of having to trust another Viking who he did not know. I noticed the dragon's discomfort with the idea but shrugged my shoulder uselessly.

"It's only one Viking I promise, but the only reason we're in need of his help is because...I can't fly with you whiles you have a broken tail fin that will get us no where," I pointed out waiting for his reaction towards the plan.

Toothless stared at me with his big, green eyes before bowing his head sadly. I wrapped my arms around his scaly neck and whispered "thank you" into his ear. At first Toothless stiffened to my touch but relaxed into it knowing that together as a team we would get Hiccup back. I pulled away and quickly explained what we were going to do once we had the advantage of flight. With no growls or grunts of objection the nightfury sat down listening quietly taking in all the details from the information I spoke to him.

Slowly the dark sky began to take on a bluish tinge and the stars faded into the background. Dawn commenced to dominate the skies, banishing the night, stars and moon only for a few hours before it returned. Toothless and I were no long concealed in the darkness so I began my work as quick as possible.

"Toothless I need your broken tailfin," I demanded.

He pointed his snout in the direction of the shelter where the tailfin rested in one of the dark corners. I held it under my armpit hooking my arm it. I said my goodbyes to Toothless and promised to return as soon as the new tailfin was complete where from there I would pack what I needed and then we would leave.

Berk was buzzing with life while it's inhabitants roamed between the many buildings. It was the most normal I had seen the village in a month, since Hiccup was kidnapped. While hiding in the shadows I made my way to the blacksmith shop where Gobber worked by himself. I snuck in through the back and place the broken tailfin on the table hidden behind a wall. Gobber grabbed a sword that hung from the wall and began to sharpen the blade which produced a high pitched sound that made me grind my teeth.

"Gobber," I called from near the table.

He stopped sharpening the sword and glanced over to where I hid. "Astrid?" he asked confused.

"I need your help can you come here?" I said waving my hand for him to come.

He hung the sword back up and walked over. Gobber looked over at the tailfin on the table in confusion.

"This looks like a...dragon fin," he pointed out.

"Well you're right, it is, I need your help to repair this," I bluntly explained.

"But why would you need me to fix something that would only help a dragon? and where did you even get this from anyways?" Gobber asked with a growing suspicion.

I sighed and began to explained, "Hiccup, Stoick's son...is the person who was kidnaped a month ago and so far we've made no progress in going over to rescue him, so I'm going to do it myself before Alvin or Dagure can do anymore damage then what's been inflicted already."

"I understand Astrid but you should not be going up against the chief and plus how would you get there in time and bring Hiccup back if you had succeeded? no boat is fast enough to complete what you wish and you need more then once person to operate it," Gobber replied.

"I know it sounds crazy but when Hiccup came here to Berk, it wasn't on a boat it was one the back of a...dragon, a nightfury to be precise," I stated waiting for the reaction.

Gobber's jaw dropped to the ground and it looked like his eyes were going to pop out of his head. Never in Viking history had someone attempted to ride the beast the attack and raid out village, it's just not what we do, we kill them not ride them. Plus no one has ever seen a nightfury in the flesh and to know that someone has been riding one it outrageous.

"S-so you're planin' to ride the dragon? a dragon that can be classified as one of the most dangerous?" Gobber questioned flatly still in a daze.

"Yes, but only if you can fix his tail, Toothless-I mean the nightfury only has one other tailfin and he can't fly without this one," I said. "Please Gobber can you do this? the dragon really isn't as horrid and evil as we believe, he's sweet, kind and very playful, plus he's been really worried about Hiccup so I need to do this...for the both of us."

"Astrid, I don't know...I mean..." Gobbler faded off trying to capture words he couldn't find.

"Please Gobber, I'm begging you, please," I pleaded and begged, something I hardly ever did.

Gobber stared at me with a surprised look at my slight vulnerability. "Alright, I'll do it, give me a day and you can come collect it in the morning," he ordered turning to the tailfin.

"Thank you Gobber," I whispered wholeheartedly and ran out the back.

I let myself have a tiny smile. "I'm getting Hiccup back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me?

Well I'm back everyone (I got back two days ago) and I would like to give you all a massive THANK YOU. I hadn't been on wattpad for two weeks and when I cam home from holidays on the 8th and I checked wattpad I had 207 notifications from you guys who read this book and it made me just so happy. Thank you everyone for reading my book.

I know I have said this time and time before but I really can't thank you all enough. If I could I would. Your amazing people and your comments make me feel so proud and many make me laugh. So just thank you.

And I wish you all the best for your 2016 💖

~ Dream_Till_U_Believe