chapter eleven.

-Chapter eleven-

jeongguk's apartment was dark as he sat on he couch, his body hugged anxiously between his own arms while he waited for taehyung to finish showering. he was simply waiting in silence, staring absentmindedly at the vase of red roses that stood upon the coffee table- peering back at him tauntingly as a constant reminder of his cruel reality.

he'd been very hesitant about taking the elder to his apartment, it being his home; a safe place that held many very important memories to him. but it was the least he could do after taehyung fell asleep on his bike.

and jeongguk didn't feel like waking the blueberry up since he'd said he felt sick before leaving the club.

once jeongguk had brought the elder to his apartment, practically carrying the man since he couldn't balance himself, he'd made taehyung shower and change clothes while he sorted out the spare bedroom.

"you're done?" the ravenette asked, eyes peering up at the elder. he made no effort to move from his position, simply watching the elder with his hollowed eyes as he walked into the living room.

the blue haired man was dressed in a pair of jeongguk's spare pyjamas, a pair of fleecy socks on his feet and a blanket around his shoulders as he came into the living room. "i'm sorry about the mess. i-i'm... not really good at-"

"i don't mind it." taehyung cut him off softly, rubbing his temples as he tentatively sat beside the younger on the couch. "i think i'm sobered up. you were right... cold showers work wonders." he smiled slightly, the awkwardness making his smile falter. "i feel better, thank you."

"of course i was right." jeongguk just stared at him, a pierced brow raised slightly. "but you're welcome anyway."

"you hate me, right?" taehyung hummed into the silence of the apartment, looking down at his fingers with furrowed brows. "you're obviously uncomfortable with me here, you could've woken me up, you know."

"i... don't hate you." jeongguk muttered, sparing the elder a glance, brows creased slightly. "i-i mean, yeah at first, i hated your shitty self." he admitted, picking the skin around his nails anxiously. "but now... i-i guess you're not that bad."

taehyung chuckled, looking up as his lips curled into a slight smirk. "so what, does that mean we're friends now?"

jeongguk just stared at him, blankly, before grabbing the tv remote from the coffee table. he couldn't bear the awkward silence. "i guess."

the blue haired man's lips curled into a smile as he got comfortable on the couch. while jeongguk took the time to flick through netflix in order to find something to watch, taehyung let his eyes roam around the room, taking in the feisty punk's decor.

the elder took note of the many vases of red roses, turned over photo frames and ashtrays littered around. there was a mess of sketchbooks on a cabinet, clothes strewn on the floor. it was messy, but in a way, he found it slightly endearing? it was just so jeongguk.

the apartment was definitely matching style with the younger. but the photo frames confused him, because what could they contain that would make jeongguk not want to look at them?

but, he decided against asking. afterall, they were barely friends -it wasn't any of his business to ask something like that. so instead, he got comfortable yawning as the movie began.

unaware of the way jeongguk's cheeks dusted a soft red, jaw clenched when their legs brushed accidentally.

-

it was now bordering on nearly 11pm, and jeongguk's eyes were drooping despite his efforts to keep them open. his head rested gently atop taehyung's chest while the elder man softly rubbed his back, large hand under his shirt and the skin of his palm warm.

wondering how they got here? well, taehyung was very observant, see. so when he saw how the younger struggled to get comfortable, he merely tapped the younger's leg with his own, opening his arms in offering when jeongguk looked over.

and jeongguk, surprisingly, didn't argue, or say something snarky. he didn't insult taehyungs, perhaps he was too tired to do so. he simply crawled over, letting the elder man hold him as the movie continued and the night deepened.

as for taehyung, he liked the tranquility that filled jeongguk's apartment. they didn't need to talk to fill the silence, words were left unsaid.

but jeongguk fitted so well in his arms, the ravenette's face warm and hidden in the crook of the his neck. he softly rubbed the ravenette's waist with his thumb as he watched the tv, the feeling so normal.

"hey," jeongguk suddenly lifted his head, hair messy and eyes barely open- a slight vulnerability to his voice. "you... you'll stay here overnight, won't you?"

"yeah." taehyung nodded, humming softly as he looked down and their eyes met. "i'll stay."

jeongguk just stared at him, face unreadable as he thought of something to say. "has the drug worn off?"

after taehyung had drank that drink that had been given to him by the stranger he was dancing with, he had strange side affects -ones that weren't from the buzz of alcohol. it was safe to say he'd been spiked, if the heat that filled his body was anything to go by.

thankfully, a cold shower and a couple of hours was all it took for the elder's body to go back to usual. he wasn't really drunk anymore, more tired than anything.

"yeah." taehyung mumbled, looking away from the tv screen to look down at the younger in his arms once again.

jeongguk silently hid his face in the elder's neck, eyes watching the tv. strangely enough, he didn't feel threatened or guarded. no, he felt safe. he liked the way the blueberry's fingers rolled small circles into his skin ever so slowly, he liked the atmosphere they'd created with little effort. it wasn't as... awkward or as unpleasant as he thought it'd be.

lookng up, jeongguk stared, taking in the elder's profile. usually, he found taehyung to be insufferable and irritating, not hesitating to throw insults at him.

but now, it was peaceful between them.

he liked it.

taehyung, sensing the stare, looked down, their faces now inches apart. "jeongguk?"

the younger's breath hitched, brows furrowed slightly as their faces got closer, the elder's minty breath just fanning his bottom lip. taehyung's expression softened at the other's frown, his hand coming up to gently hold the back of the ravenette's head, caressing the hair on his nape.

but as soon as their lips brushed, jeongguk seemingly snaps back into his senses, and quickly moves away to stand up. "i-i'm going to bed." he choked out, not looking at taehyung. "y-you know where the spare room is right? g-goodnight."

taehyung watches him go and groans, pushing his face into his hands. god, what was he thinking?

----

Y'all thought they'd kiss? Bahahah no.☠️

TaesThickThighs